Warehouse Associate (AIS)-Grand Rapids, MI/Mid Shift
AIS is a leading production fastener company in the Midwest, providing MSC a solid growth platform for expansion in the OEM fasteners market and complements our fastener and VMI solutions, as well as our core metalworking and MRO business. Come join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :9634
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location :Grand Rapids, MI (AIS)
State or Province :Michigan (US-MI)
Potential Work Location :United States : Michigan : Grand Rapids
THIS IS A MID-SHIFT POSITION; HOURS 10:00AM - 6:30PM
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Warehouse Associate (Order Filler) position requires the team member to Pull and Package Orders in an accurate and timely fashion.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Order pulling in the Floor Area of Warehouse
· Scanning parts with a RF Scanner gun
· Identification of parts
· Counting part physically or with a scale
· Maintaining a clean work environment
· Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
· Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· High School degree or equivalent required.
· Microsoft Office software knowledge required.
· Ability to lift 40-50 lb. required.
· Strong interpersonal skills required.
· Attention to detail required
· Efficient work habits & time management skills required.
· Basic math skills required.
· Constant walking/pushing hand cart required.
-Hi/Lo experience preferred.
Compensation starting at $15 – $17 / hour and up dependent on candidate location and experience.
Why MSC People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC. Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click here to review.