STERILE PROC TECH/NON-CERT
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow.
At Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees.
As a non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation services.
$15.00/hr minimum - $18.75/hr maximum (range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
Responsible for decontamination, preparation, sterilization work in the Sterile Processing Department for a variety of surgical instruments, hospital trays and individual items used at medical facilities.
· Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
· Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required.
· Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in unit/department based programs that supports the system’s process improvement goals.
· Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams as needed.
Role Specific Responsibilities
· Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies: and assembles wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments.
· Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
· Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
· Restocks labels and maintains inventory: submits requisitions: collects and distributes instruments.
· Maintains a clean work area.
· Assists with maintaining quality improvement, safety, and environmental, and infection control standards.
· Assist with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, and, objectives.
· Training of new staff, (exempt from preceptor pay).
· High School Diploma or GED certificate.
Licenses and Certification
Experience and Skills
· COVID Vaccinations