How You Will Make an Impact
Under direction of the site Leadership, the Shop Supervisor directs the workflow of direct and indirect Production Hourly Team Members, leads in the Upfit or Service of high-quality products for the customer, and is responsible for driving continuous improvement while achieving expected safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets.
The Nuts and Bolts
- Maintain a safe work environment; respond to safety issues with urgency
- Maintain work skills to facilitate job performance as a working member of the team, and to be aware of the required skills for team members
- Train Team Members on required job functions
- Assign work to each Team Member to maintain high productivity and skill levels
- Establish quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage the work schedule to achieve delivery requirements to both internal and external customers
- Coach & counsel employees as necessary
- Participate in and support continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for tracking key metrics; maintain daily boards; complete reporting (employee evaluations; time and attendance, safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and labor)
- Participate in interview process for hourly technician candidates
- May be required to handle, move, or perform administrative tasks involving Hazardous materials
- High School diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of Supervisory experience leading an hourly skilled trade workforce
- Three (3) years’ experience in a customized operations setting such as truck equipment or up-fit industry
- Welding certification and Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
How We Make an Impact
At Reading Truck, we have more than 65 years of industry leadership in the manufacture, distribution, and enhancement of work truck bodies. We continue to experience rapid growth through our expanding network of more than 20 locations across North America.
Take the next step in your career and come get paid to play with trucks!
Some of Our Total Rewards
- We offer big company perks with small company culture:
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous Footwear, Eyewear, and Safety Equipment Discount Program
- Paid Training and Development Programs
J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For other career opportunities, please visit our careers page https://www.readingtruck.com/about/careers