Senior Director Digital - Website and Mobile Applications
Salary Range $170,000 -$ 175,000 ; 20% bonus
Hornblower Group's City Experiences is seeking a Senior Director Digital in New York, New York
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Director Digital will oversee all website and mobile applications across the company and have deep e-commerce experience including consumer journeys/UX design, content and traffic acquisition strategy and technology and performance. The Director will partner with business owners and marketing teams to establish the websites and apps as strong revenue and guest experience contributors. The ideal candidate with also accelerate digital innovation leveraging our proprietary digital technology and development capabilities. The candidate will be a voracious consumer of data and adopt a testing and optimization approach and demonstrate success through their focus on driving measurable results, specifically maximizing the websites traffic and conversion & mobile usage from both B2B and B2C markets. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating digital extensions of live experiences that enhance and nurture that desire to feel something live.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ownership of site and app performance; focusing on performance, high SEO relevance, conversion and avg wallet size
· In conjunction with Marketing, establish digital guest experience roadmaps to drive sustainable, long-term growth in traffic engagement, conversion and check out across both B2B and B2C markets.
· Cultivate and drive a highly effective, world-class digital product team by hiring, training, motivating, and setting leadership direction for all direct reports and cross-functional teammates. Define and foster a collaborative and guest-oriented marketing community.
· Work with in-house developers and engineers to innovate and bring ideas to market quickly, using an MVP approach, improving against real time feedback.
· Oversee all aspects of websites and apps UX and functionality including owning feature launches from end-to-end discovery, UX, build, communication, launch and iterations.
· Serve as subject matter expert partnering with engineering and marketing team members to optimize for maximum revenue attainment and customer experience.
· Develop strategies and plans to drive and convert qualified traffic and leads through the Company’s platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile).
· Develop analytics-based product roadmaps to enhance web and mobile performance, with a focus on measurement, an A/B testing learning agenda, and monitoring of results.
· Responsible for SEO Optimization, working with Marketing to leverage compelling content to build relevance.
· Communicate strategies and results throughout the organization.
· Collaborate with members of the marketing organization to deliver and leverage coordinated new product offerings and experiences.
· Remain current with emerging digital technologies.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· 10+ years of dedicated, progressive digital & e-commerce and conversion strategies
· Experience in development and UX mapping and design
· Experience in managing enterprise sites including technical know-how on tech such as CSS/HTML5/JQUERY
· Experience in creating product spec documents for delivery of new features
· Knowledge of AWS infrastructure to best leverage speed optimization
· Expertise driving business results for both B2C and B2B, including shopping carts or booking systems conversions preferably across complex multi-unit/multi-geography businesses.
· Experience with WordPress, AWS suite including DynamoDB and Redshift, Salesforce sales and marketing clouds.
· Experience with developing and managing product roadmaps and executing A/B tests.
· Exceptional analytic skills to drive e-commerce strategies and decision-making.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal - to be able to develop relationships with local business units.
· Experience managing teams.
· Experience/knowledge with responsive and mobile design.
· A problem-solver and self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced environment - Savvy, scrappy and opportunistic.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or e-commerce related field a bonus.
· Innovative business leader who is continuously seeking more effective and efficient technologies and solutions.
· Customer-focused. Passionate about driving an outstanding customer experience.
· Loves to build new things yet conscious of operating costs and margin.
· Possesses confidence and creativity, yet self-aware.
· A collaborator, always being inclusive and open minded to others’ ideas.
· Intellectually curious.
· Warm, outgoing personality and confidence-inspiring attitude.
The RESPECT Service System:
Our Mission: We create amazing experiences.
Our Values: R espect, E nvironment, S afety #1, P rofessionalism, E xceed, C ommunication and T eamwork.
Our Operating Principles : City Experiences 12
· Foster diversity and inclusion.
· Practice conservation and environmental responsibility.
· Cultivate a safe and secure workplace.
· Be on time. Come prepared.
· Make data-driven, fact-based decisions.
· Be decisive with 80:100 solutions (80% right, 100% implementable)
· Expect to win – but compete as an underdog.
· Embrace innovation and reinvention.
· Listen and be responsive.
· Strive for efficiency and transparency without politics.
· Win as a team. Play your role.
· Work hard, have fun, celebrate success.
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.