What began as an idea between two brothers to open a Mexican restaurant has since grown into one of the largest, privately held Taco Bell franchisees in America. At Border Foods, we work with a people-first mantra. From cooks to cashiers to restaurant managers and beyond, we work together to bring to life the Core Values of Border Foods. Welcome to our family where you will continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission of making lives better.
As a General Manager your mission is to reinforce the Border Foods CORE values, to include Accountability, Integrity, Family, Excellence, Teamwork, and Empowerment.
At Border Foods, we will unlock the full potential of our employees and guest’s restaurant experience by creating safe welcoming and supportive environments where everyone can thrive.
The purpose of the General Manager is to make the lives of the employees and the guests better by creating opportunities to positively impact life experiences. You are responsible for the operation of the entire restaurant and building a strong team that consistently provides customers great food and a friendly experience.
What’s in it for you?
-Top pay in the industry
-Trip to Mexico! Every year, we reward our top performers on our Best of the Best trip to Mexico. In 2020, we’ll be taking 85 General Managers!
-Bonus program! General Managers have the potential to make up to an extra $40,000 annually in bonus alone.
-Education programs, including GED and Tuition Reimbursement offerings
-Medical/Dental/Vision benefits offered for all positions – even part-time!
-Vacation Time (Paid Time Off), Sick, and Holiday Pay
-Vacation Donation Program
-Border Family Cares Program
-Border Smiles Program
-An incredible culture that encourages career growth and support
General Manager Core Values:
Accountability & Integrity:
- Consistently demonstrates integrity in actions and expectations
- Guides team members and Shift Leaders, ensuring they complete all assigned duties and serve safe, quality food in a friendly manner
- Scheduling and deploying the Team correctly
- Monitors the performance of each Team Member and hold them accountable for standards and expectations.
- Ensures a quality customer experience by driving fast and friendly service
- Maintains point of sale system by reporting all system failures and verifies download accuracy (e.g. pricing updates, menu changes).
- Ensure health and safety standards are met
- Adheres to all local, state, and federal laws and guidelines.
Family & Teamwork
- Creates unity in the team by building cross functional relationships
- Respond to Team Member questions and resolves employee issues in a timely manner.
- Provide a restaurant that is a safe place for team members to work and customers to visit
- Able to navigate challenging situations and provide appropriate guidance
- Motivates and supports the team through active listening and the ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences
- Represents Border Foods in handling customer complaints and/or issues; demonstrating a sincere approach and desire to find an effective solution.
- Instills a recognition culture that creates a positive work environment
- Strategic planner creates short term and long-term strategies for restaurant success
- Delivers profit by utilizing and interpreting the P&L in order to make the appropriate financial adjustments
- Sourcing, hiring, and developing excellent Team Members
- Conducting New Hire orientation and developing the training plan for each new hire
- Minimizes loss through strict observance of cash handling policies, proper training of Team Members, and complying with all accounting/banking requirements.
- Demonstrates efficient labor control, inventory control, and waste management.
- Builds the capabilities of their team while identifying teams’ strengths and opportunities
- Provides learning and development opportunities for all Team Members.
- Offers guidance to Team Members regarding personal development opportunities and career path.
- Consistently demonstrates active and timely coaching capabilities.
- Seeks and shares ideas to help others succeed creating and leveraging tools, resources, and information that fosters personal and business growth.
- Bringing others along, operationally, through use of tools.
Required or Preferred Experience:
- Minimum of three years restaurant or retail experience, or combined experience and education.
- Experience with sales building, P&L statements, recruiting, and training.
- Proven track record of successful hiring and retention.
- Required when needed, the ability to work early morning, evenings, late night, weekends, and some holidays. Schedule demands may change.
- ServeSafe Certified
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Border Foods reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Border Foods or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Border Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
“You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.”