ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Carries out daily plan of care including all aspects of basic daily living and personal care needs.
- Executes daily activities for residents as scheduled.
- Serves and assists residents with meals.•Knows location of assigned residents within the community.
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Monitors residents’ general medical condition and reports changes to the appropriate nurse and Health and Wellness Director.
- Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of residents.
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Informs Health and Wellness Director or their designee of supply and equipment needs. Willingly and consistently shares opinions and observations of departmental operations with the Health and Wellness Director.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- Completes routine light housekeeping and laundry tasks for the unit, such as emptying wastebaskets, cleaning tables after meals, etc. and reports any hazardous conditions to the Health and Wellness Director or their designee.
- Completes resident’s personal laundry as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining a calm atmosphere.
- Follow through with all assignments on a timely basis in accordance with chain of command when Health and Wellness Director is not on duty.
- Report any unusual behavior of a resident to the Health and Wellness Director.
- Learns, understands, and maintains residents’ rights.
- Follows established infection control and standard precaution policies, fire, and safety policies, and practices good body mechanics.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred).
- HCA/CNA (Preferred).
- CPR Certification (Preferred).
- Must have strong understanding of the English language sufficient to read, write and interpret administrative information