Registered Nurse (RN) - Heart and Vascular
Registered Nurse (RN) - Heart and Vascular job in Portsmouth, Virginia.
· Veterans and Military Spouses Encouraged to Apply
· Any U.S. state license honored
· Monday-Friday days days
· Health and Welfare fringe benefits
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Time
· Company-funded match and safe harbor 401(k)
· Medical, Dental and vision plans available
· Life insurance and accidental death plans available
· Short-term and long-term disability plans available
· TRICARE Supplemental available
· Supplemental Benefit plans available
· Referral bonuses
· Employee Assistance Program
· Pet Insurance Plans available
· College Tuition Benefit Program available
· Will Preparation Services available
Registered Nurse (RN) - Heart an Vascular Job Overview:
· Provide professional nursing care to patients within the Heart and Vascular Care Department. Monitor implementation of individualized patient care plans, to include early identification of patients educational and discharge planning needs, equipment requirements, understanding of prescribed medication(s) regimen, and follow-up appointment schedule.
· Review medical record documentation for accuracy, completeness and timeliness of completion.
· Remain abreast of new developments in the field of cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, as well as cardiology, by attending symposia, in-services, and by keeping current with appropriate literature and research protocols.
· Coordinate patient health care needs with appropriate referrals as needed.
· Maintain link with professional organizations and nursing standards relevant to ambulatory care. Implement nursing care in the ambulatory setting using these standards.
· Safely administer prescribed medications to include intravenous drips and intravenous push drugs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Heart and Vascular Job Qualifications:
· 1 year within the last 2 years as a RN in a cardiothoracic, vascular, or cardiology clinical setting
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
· Graduate of a ACEN or CCNE accredited program OR a state accredited program
· RN Licensure: Current, active, unrestricted, any U.S. state
FSR employs healthcare professionals at government medical facilities providing care to military service members, retirees, and their families. Since 2004, FSR has built mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships with healthcare professionals and our clients nationwide.
FSR is an award winning organization built with committed professionals with a unified vision of helping others. We are honored to be named one of the Baltimore Sun's Top Workplaces!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Video provided by YouTube Portsmouth, VA via Terms of Service.