Changing Lives Shaping The Future
REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN- HIRING NOW!- Whittier
Job Title : Registered Behavior Technician/ Lead Registered Behavior Technician
Hourly Rate : $22.00-$27.00
Shifts Needed : AM/PM/NOC
Job Status : Full Time
Work Locations : Whittier, CA
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance offered
- Paid Time Off
- Company Perks and Discounts
- NEW ON-DEMAND PAY!
People's Care is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) shall work under the general direction of the Administrator providing support and training to developmentally disabled population with co-occurring mental illness. The RBT will assist with Individual(s) day to day activities, monitor Individual(s) behavior, collect data on Individual(s), communicate with Individual(s) and implements skills training plans such as adaptive skills training, social skills training, community integration training or functional skills training with individual(s) with developmental disabilities and an understanding of person centered planning principles. This position also strategizes with the consultants of the home to create home and community activities.
- To ensure the supervision, safety and well-being of the Individuals at all times.
- Provides the continuous active treatment program for each Individual, including all informal and formal, training and service objectives for each Individual, ensuring implementation and documentation of the Individual Service Plan (ISP) of each Individual and the group.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the ISP.
- Monitors and supports the Individuals health and well-being and reports observations to the Administrator and/or District Manager. The RBT shall ensure that health information is documented and brought to the attention of the appropriate managerial level.
- Ensure the daily documentation of Individual status, behavior and treatment responses.
- Participates in the provision and maintenance of a clean, safe, healthful, and nurturing environment.
- Provides quality training and positive inaction with Individuals at all times.
- Adheres to and implements the Company’s active treatment philosophy and goals, and the organizational policies and procedures.
- To ask questions and learn as much as the RBT can from those around them.
- To promote learning, growth, socialization and independence of the Individuals.
- Helps with the development of resident’s daily activities (skill building activities, therapeutic activities, leisure and recreational activities) both within the home and outside the home to maximize the positive interactions among Individuals and staff.
- Ensure the Individual is engaged in meaningful daily activities for the Individual within the home and community settings.
- Dress according to dress code and safety purposes.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participate in continuing education and trainings.
- To develop relationships with other Company departments, staff and external agencies.
- To go above and beyond for the Individuals and staff which the RBT will interact with.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Registered Behavior Technician certification.
- Must have Direct Support Professional I and Direct Support Professional II certificates in accordance with Title 17 Requirements.
- Current certification of Professional Crisis Management (PCM) training or other regional center approved emergency intervention program.
- ABA background and ability to create task analysis and determine which areas will need more support.
- Must have at least two year experience in a related field working with adults with developmental disabilities.
- The Registered Behavior Technician works mostly in an indoor residential to office setting with occasional outdoor work.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Sitting and standing with occasional bending, stooping, crouching, twisting, squatting, reaching, pulling, keying/fingering, reading, walking, driving, and repetitive motions.
- One Location
VISIT OUR CAREER WEBSITE AT: https://www.redwoodfcn.com/
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy