The Practice Manager at Kolmac Integrated Behavioral Health and all its subsidiaries ("Kolmac" or the "Company") is solution focused with the drive to exceed goals, possesses the resilience to rise above current challenges; overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of the organization. The Practice Manager fosters a collaborative business relationship with the clinical team and Patient Access Director to drive results and support growth. The Practice Manager will set the example for Operational Excellence at the site and be the leader of promoting superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and management for the daily operations of the medical office and ensures patient access to care. Responsible for creating and maintaining a professional environment in the medical office. Adjusts operations as needed to maintain peak performance. Establish and maintain appropriate levels of equipment, office and medical supplies to support the medical practice.
- Responsible for maintaining positive, productive, and professional relationships within the practice, as well as between the providers and patients. Prepares the medical office for the addition and departure of providers; ensures smooth operational transitions. Assists with growth and development of the practice. Coordinates and leads meetings with the providers and staff on a regular basis to keep team informed practice goals and policy changes.
- Coordinates the schedule for new providers and modifies existing provider schedules as appropriate. Monitors provider scheduling practices and staffing levels to ensure patient needs and financial goals are met. Monitors provider schedules daily to maximize appointment availability and ensure same-day access is available when possible.
- Ensures patient satisfaction with the clinic’s performance on all levels. Responds timely to patient concerns and requests for information. Engages in service recovery activities as appropriate. Routinely reviews reports, data and develops action plans to address areas for improvement.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable environmental and regulatory policies and procedures for medical office operations, including quality and safety related tasks. Fosters and enforces Kolmac’s Code of Conduct and ensures internal policies and procedures are followed; develops and implements policies and procedures changes accordingly. Supports and partners with Compliance to educate and inform associates and providers of compliance standards and ensures all associates complete annual training. Appropriately notifies Compliance and/or Legal on issues regarding compliance, privacy, risk management and/or legal issues. Expected to develop a general understanding of Emergency Preparedness policies and emergency operations procedures.
- Responsible for office financial performance, including revenue cycle activities. This includes accurate collects of all copays, coinsurances, deductibles, and patient outstanding balances. Prepares and monitors monthly statistical reporting of key operations and financial factors for the medical office. Responsible for the financial performance of the medical office in the following key areas: Cash collections and daily, weekly, and monthly reporting. Coordinates accounts payable activities according to organizational procedures.
- Responsible for Personnel Management. Supervises all non-provider staff within the office. Ensures staff is properly trained and in collaboration with the provider(s), identifies the need for additional skills training for all associates. Adheres to Kolmac performance management standards to evaluate and actively manage associate performance. Actively encourages associate growth and development.
- Maintains and coordinates all staff schedules to accommodate patient flow. Responsible for providing backup to key positions during peak times and staff absences. Performs weekly payroll activities for assigned staff. Actively engages in recruiting, hiring, orienting, promoting, reviewing, and terminating staff according to organizational policies. Fosters staff engagement and productivity. Develops, executes, and monitors Action Plans related to staff performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education and Experience:
- Must Haves:
- Three to 5 plus years’ experience in healthcare office management and supervision of direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with clinicians, other medical professional’s office personnel employees and patients.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of relevant healthcare and administrative software.
- Good leadership, motivation, training, and goal setting-skills
- Financial and accounting skills
- In-depth knowledge of health care finance best practices standards
- Organization and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.