Founded in 1923, The Yarco Companies, is a full-service, multi-family real estate firm that delivers highly specialized Property Management Services, and focuses primarily on Affordable Housing. To learn more about our company visit www.yarco.com.
Yarco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
This position is responsible for implementing the posted Community Pool Rules. The goal is to ensure adherence to property guidelines and achieve excellent resident satisfaction. Each community location has pre-designated office and pool hours (when applicable) which this position will need to accommodate to ensure community pool operations are functioning effectively.
Pool Appearance/Upkeep: Sweeping the pool deck and all surrounding areas daily as needed, straightening pool furniture regularly, ensuring furniture is clean and in working order at all times, and pulling weeds in common pool areas as needed.
Pool Maintenance: This position may include testing and balancing pool chemicals and documentation as required by state and local regulations. This position may also entail cleaning, skimming and vacuuming the pool and back washing pool filters. Ensuring bathrooms are kept clean, stocked with supplies, and are free of standing water are also included in this job description. In addition, ensuring safety equipment is present and in working order, checking first aide kit(s) for needed supplies daily, and daily set up and closing of the pool deck area are incorporated in this job description.
Customer Service: Ensuring all posted rules are being adhered to, monitoring individuals entering and leaving the pool area, and ensuring state capacity is not exceeded is included in this job description. For any occurrences beyond this scope including but not limited to emergency incidents, acts of aggression or violence from residents or guests, or any illegal activity, the pool monitor should contact emergency responders or police (911) immediately. This job description also entails notifying community management of any individuals who are excessively violating the posted pool rules.
Perform other duties as needed.
Essential Mental Alertness Requirements:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Must be 18 years of age or older
Education: CPR certification and CPO (Certified Pool Operator) are a plus
Experience/Ability: must be able to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work, ability to follow both verbal and written instruction, be comfortable talking to residents with good communication skills, is reliable and must have flexibility to respond to pool needs during non-business hours, and must be able to work with little supervision.
Physical & Cognitive: Frequent standing and walking, as well as occasional sitting. Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 25 pounds. Occasional squatting, reaching, stooping, climbing stairs/ladders, and balancing.
If job includes or may include driving for company business:
- Driver must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record with company insurance carrier
- Driver must have reliable means of transportation
- Driver must have the ability to be insurable at standard rates for driving.
- Driver must provide proof of personal auto liability insurance when using vehicles for company business
To be hired, candidates will be required to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen.