Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Weekday shift sign-on bonus of $500 on the first paycheck and $500 after 6 months of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position is Monday to Thursday and every other Friday.
bioMerieux is looking for a plumbing apprentice to repair all plumbing issues and maintenance at all of our current locations. The candidate must have at least 1 year of experience in commercial plumbing. Must have a good understanding of the plumbing trade. Must perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures and compliance with local codes.
Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, gas, compressed air, and drainage systems. Cuts, bends, threads and fits pipes with adjoining pipe assemblies. Caulks leaks and opens clogged drains. Installs sinks, showers, toilets, water heaters, and related plumbing fixtures. Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and compliance with local codes. Estimates time and material costs on plumbing projects and requisitions new plumbing materials and equipment.
Typically has 1-3 years of experience in position or specialization. Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment, and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Duties and tasks reflect variety and complexity. Assignments can be broad in nature and may require originality and ingenuity. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support general facilities activities in areas of plumbing and other areas as required
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff
- Install, repair, and replace building plumbing equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities
- Inspects facilities and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bMx’s Quality System.
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a related field preferred. Enrolled in plumbing apprenticeship program for at least 1 year preferred. Must have a valid Utah driver's license and clean driving record.
Experience: 1+ years of related experience
Skills:Good communication, both written and verbal. Excellent customer service skills. Basic computer skills.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to safely climb ladders.
- Ability to follow clean room gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.