In-Plant Solutions Specialist $2500.00 Sign on Bonus
Madison, WI 53792, USA
$2500.00 Sign on Bonus
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The In-Plant Solutions Specialist is a critical MSC role. The specialist is located at a large strategic account(s) and supports the customer facility. This associate will be expected to offer excellent service to drive long-term customer satisfaction. Responsibilities will include assisting our customers with procurement and order placement and managing our MSC ControlPoint Solutions (Vending, VMI, Crib) to drive the MSC value with these customers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent Customer Service skills required to assist in customer order placement, quoting, sourcing, and identification, collection, and logging of all available Cost Savings Statistics.
- Manages the MSC ControlPoint Solutions –which could include standard Vendor Managed Inventory, Vending, or Storeroom management programs and may require ordering, product put away and optimization.
- Determines optimal sourcing strategy for key customer projects which may require collaborating with the Category Team in order to support MSC’s mission to drive savings and improve the customer’s shop floor.
- Participation and engagement in customer plant and/or production meetings, strategic initiative projects, Lean/Six Sigma events.
- Collaborates with the account team to maximize customer satisfaction and future projects
- Resolves on-site customer product and service issues by providing sales-related solutions utilizing common and alternative sources of information. Consults with other associates and strategic suppliers to locate the most effective sources of information.
- Provides customer service in accordance with MSC standards to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention, and revenue generation using all tools available.
- Communicates customer concerns to management to ensure effective and lasting problem resolution.
- Works closely with vendors to locate sources for product, produce quotes, expedite orders, and arrange product training.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent experience is required.
- College degree preferred.
- 2+ years inbound/ outbound telephone sales, outside sales, storeroom or inventory management, or customer service experience required.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Relevant Military experience a plus.
- Metalworking knowledge and experience is a plus but not always required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with email, various internet browsers and/or the Windows operating system required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Working Industrial knowledge preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Ability to lift items of up to 50 pounds required as needed.
- A valid driver’s license is required.