Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice job in Oak Harbor, Washington.
- Veterans and Military Spouses Encouraged to Apply
- Any U.S. state license
- Civilian position supporting the Naval community
- Health and Welfare Fringe Benefits $4.41 per hour
- $50-54 per hour
- Paid Time Off - 10 days
- Paid Holidays -11 days
- Paid Sick Time - 2.154 hours for every 80 hours worked accrual rate
- Company-funded match and safe harbor 401(k)
- Medical, Dental and vision plans available
- Life insurance and accidental death plans available
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available
- TRICARE Supplemental available
- Supplemental Benefit plans available
- Referral bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance Plans available
- College Tuition Benefit Program available
- Will Preparation Services available
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice Job Overview:
- Outpatient Family Practice Clinic
- Provide a full range of PA/NP services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice Job Qualifications:
- PA/NP Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. state.
- Certification: NCCPA or NPClinical competency
- Computer competency
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers by the AHA
- Clinical Competency
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) contract specific affordability and organizational requirements, responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
FSR employs healthcare professionals at government medical facilities providing care to military service members, retirees, and their families. Since 2004, FSR has built mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships with healthcare professionals and our clients nationwide.
FSR is an award winning organization built with committed professionals with a unified vision of helping others. We are honored to be named one of the Baltimore Sun's Top Workplaces!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.