Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Provider-Medford OR
MRG Exams, a leader and premier service provider of independent medical examinations is looking for a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Provider, as an Independent Contractor, to perform medical assessments on United States Veterans as part of the VA's disability benefits process.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Provider will be responsible for reviewing medical health records through a secure Web Portal and performing a comprehensive assessment of each veteran.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Provider will also complete a Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQ's) through the Web Portal. DBQ's are condition specific forms created by the VA. Through the DBQ's, the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Provider will document exam findings needed by the VA.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Provider will NOT make disability determinations, the VA makes all disability determinations.
This is NOT a treating role. This position only provides assessments.
This position will review and assess an average of 3 Veterans per day
This position will be brought on as an Independent Contractor.
This position is 1 day per month.
- MRG Exams is looking for a PM&R physician who is::
- Interested in performing Independent Medical Assessments vs. traditional patient care & treatment.
- Independent medical assessments = Medical Fact Finding & Investigative role.
- Willing to spend at least 50% of their day reviewing medical records and electronic documenting of exam findings.
- Able to analyze data from the medical records and exam findings to complete the DBQ's and form medical opinions.
- Typing skills are essential.
- Skilled at time management, able to stay on task and meet requirements.
- Completed DBQ's must be submitted within 24 hours after an exam.
- Interested in serving Veterans in their community.
- Must hold a current license as a Physiatrist.