POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: PHILANTHROPY GRANTS
Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC) is the official nonprofit partnerof Grand Canyon National Park. As the official philanthropic andcollaborative partner of Grand Canyon National Park, Grand CanyonConservancy’s mission is to inspire generations of park championsto cherish and support the natural and cultural wonder of the GrandCanyon. GCC raises private funds, operates retail shops within thepark, and provides premier educational programs about the naturaland cultural history of the region.
GCC is seeking a Philanthropy Grants Manager who will manage andoversee a portfolio of annual grants by researching opportunities,writing grants, and submitting reports. The Grants Manager willsupport the Senior Officer Grants and Partnerships in major giftgrant requests and reporting. Additionally, this position willassist in developing NPS and GCC project and program informationsheets.
The Philanthropy Grants Manager position is a remote, full-time,exempt, benefit-eligible position. This position reports to theSenior Officer Grants and Partnerships.
Duties vary with the workload and could include, but are notlimited to, the tasks listed below.
Primary Grant Responsibilities
• Manage a portfolio of grants through the proposal writing processfor private and corporate foundations, including trackingdeadlines, gathering information, and coordinating with appropriatestaff.
• Qualify prospective foundation donors regularly, routinelysubmitting letters of inquiry to assist in developing a robustpipeline of prospective foundation donors.
• Communicate and collaborate with the Senior Officer Grants andPartnerships and Prospect Research Manager to manage and grow afoundation strategy.
• Work with Senior Officer Grants and Partnerships Officer onGCC-funded project updates through appropriate Grand CanyonNational Park sources to be used for donor stewardship reports,fundraising materials, and updates Marketing/Communications.
• Represents GCC and GCNP positively and professionally.
• Foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment with GCCemployees, volunteers, and partners.
• Other tasks as assigned as needed.
Primary Partnership Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the CPO and Senior Officer Grants andPartnerships Officer to track park grants and fundraising totalsfor each GCC-funded project.
• Collaborate with the CPO and Senior Officer Grants andPartnerships Officer on the park grants program to secure updateson GCC-funded projects for grant and project reports.
• Collaborate with the Philanthropy team to identify in-parkrecognition opportunities for donors.
• Collaborate with the Senior Officer Grants and PartnershipsOfficer to monitor and track sponsorship/partnership revenue andprogress towards fundraising goals, providing accurate reports asnecessary.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure thesuccessful execution of all grants and partnership benefits asagreed upon with each partner.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in grantmanagement or a comparable field.
• Five years of professional experience in grant writing andreporting
• Knowledge and previous use of grant research software, such asInstrumental.
• Skill in utilizing CRM’s and relational database systems, such asRaiser’s Edge.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ANDCHARACTERISTICS
• Familiarity with the nonprofit sector and grant applicationprocesses
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectivelyprepare and articulate grant proposals
• Possess a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention todetail.
• Strong commitment to the ethical handling and management of donorinformation.
• Understanding of project budgets and ability to assist in thedevelopment of budgets and database documentation
• Ability to learn, interpret, and apply complex policies andprocedures with minimal guidance.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including Teams,SharePoint, and Outlook
• Ability to collaborate with other departments in the organizationto gather information for grant proposals and reporting
• A keen eye for detail to ensure the accurate processing of grantapplications, requirements, gifts, and pledges
• Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple grantapplications, deadlines, and special projects simultaneously
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently in aremote work environment
• Ability to promote and maintain a positive work environment whiledisplaying GCC’s Core Values
• Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusionwithin and across teams
• Performs 70% of job duties in an office setting, working with acomputer and colleagues.
• Sit for long periods, up to four consecutive hours at atime
• Regularly works outside on special assignments and travels tomeet donors
• May occasionally work more than 40 hours per week or on weekendsand holidays to meet critical deadlines and for specialfunctions
GCC CORE VALUES
GCC has identified four core values that represent how we interactwith our employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and followers.Our values include:
• Integrity: We are honest, respectful, inclusive, caring, andaccountable for our actions. We operate at a high level ofexcellence, utilizing our resources to their best and fullestpotential.
• Education: We are a dynamic learning organization uniquelypositioned to cultivate the “awe” of the Grand Canyon.
• Service: We embrace our role as a valued partner of the NationalPark Service at Grand Canyon National Park and will provide thehighest level of excellence in every interaction with employees,partners, visitors, supporters, and donors.
• Connection: We foster a sense of wonder and adventure for theGrand Canyon.
GCC’S COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, ANDINCLUSION
Grand Canyon Conservancy embraces and nurtures a welcoming andinclusive environment that promotes diversity, encouragescollaboration, and fosters a culture where all employees feelvalued, respected, and included. As a dynamic learningorganization, we continually evaluate our systems and practices tofoster an environment where all employees feel a sense ofbelonging, are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work,and can thrive personally and professionally.
GCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees andapplicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any typewithout regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state,or local laws.
GCC provides a comprehensive benefits package including vacationand holiday pay, sick leave, Canyon Experience Days,employer-supplemented health benefits package including medical,dental, vision, and health savings account (HSA) plan,employer-paid long-term disability, and life insurance,employer-paid 401(k) retirement plan, and discounts in our retailstores and Grand Canyon Conservancy Field Institute offerings. Thehiring salary range for the position is $65,000 to $75,000annually.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at: https://www.grandcanyon.org/about-us/employment/
We ask that you include a resume and cover letter with yourapplication.
Grand Canyon Conservancy is the official nonprofit partner ofGrand Canyon National Park.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Proposal Writing
- Non-Profit Organization Experience