OR TECH CERT - FT (Up To $32.70/hr)
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow.
At Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees.
As a non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation services.
$21.80/hr minimum - $32.70/hr maximum (range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
Responsible for preparing the operating room and patient for the procedure.
· Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
· Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required.
· Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in unit/department based programs that supports the system’s process improvement goals.
· Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams as needed.
Role Specific Responsibilities
· Assists in transportation and positioning of patients
· Assists in assembling and dismantling of tables and instruments before and after procedure
· Prepares patient and room for the planned surgical procedures.
· Opens sterile supplies and sets up for procedures
· Completes skin preparation and draping
· Assist Surgeon with gowning and gloving
· Assist surgeon by passing instruments and suture
· Assists in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures, and sponges
· Applies dressings and bandages as needed
· Assists in identifying, collecting, and caring for specimens.
· Decontaminates instruments (point of use cleaning), supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures; handles and stores instruments, equipment and supplies appropriately
· Aids in the efficient turnover of the operating room for next cases
· Monitors and restocks supplies
· High School diploma or equivalent
Licenses and Certification
· Non-Certified: Graduate of OR technician program, accredited through ARC/STSA or on the job training; military experience as technician or LPN; dental assistant; ophthalmologist technician; medical assistant. All on the job training or military must show evidence of training by training facility, physician in charge or military command officer.
· Certified: Successfully pass the Certified Surgical Technologist exam through NBSTSA or NCCT
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
Experience and Skills
· Technical Experience: 6 months or specialized training for non-certified or on the job and military training