MRG Exams, a leader and premier service provider of independent medical examinations is looking for a part-time Optometrist to perform comprehensive eye exams on United States Veterans as part of the VA's SHA process. The Optometrist will be responsible for reviewing medical health records through a secure Web Portal and performing a comprehensive eye exam on each veteran and completing forms through the Web Portal.
- The Optometrist will NOT make determinations, the VA makes all determinations.
- This is NOT a treating role. This position only provides assessments.
- This position will review and assess 3-6 Veterans per day on average.
- This position will be brought on as a 1099 Independent Contractor.
- This position will be 1 days per week.
MRG Exams is looking for an Optometrist who is:
- Interested in performing comprehensive eye exam assessments vs. traditional patient care & treatment.
- Able to analyze data from the medical records and exam findings to complete the forms and form medical opinions.
- Completed forms must be submitted within 24 hours after an exam.
- Interested in serving Veterans in their community.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
Required to do the job:
- Must hold a current license in Illinois as an Optometrist.
- Must be able to perform Visual Field Testing (VFT).