Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Las Cruces NM
Work can be performed by a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
We are looking for the right Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to perform medical assessments on United States Veterans as part of the VA's disability benefits process.
In performing Disability Assessments, you will review medical records electronically through a web portal and perform a focused, in-person physical exam on each Veteran.
You will electronically document the exam findings required by the VA through the web portal.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant DOES NOT make disability determinations. The United States Veterans Administration makes all disability determinations.
This role ONLY performs Disability Assessments on Veterans. You will NOT treat, and you will NOT prescribe medication in this position.
This position performs Disability Assessments on 3-5 Veterans per day.
Schedule Full -time (8am-4pm)
This is an IN-PERSON position.
- Interested in performing Independent Medical Assessments.
- Able to analyze data from the medical records and exam findings to complete the questionnaire and form medical opinions.
- Skilled in time management, able to stay on task and meet requirements.
- Must hold a current and unrestricted Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license.
- Proficiently use a computer.
- Must hold a current, unrestricted NP or PA (NCCPA accredited) license.
- Training and continued support provided
- Health Insurance options available
- Computer supplied
- Typical day: 3 to 5 patients a day
- Would you find it rewarding to serve the veteran community?
- Would you like to work a set schedule during normal business hours and NEVER be on call?
- All work is performed in a clinical setting.