How You Will Make an Impact
The function of the Material Handler is to prepare and process parts through the organization. Material Handlers make sure production areas are fully stocked and have the products prepared and available in order to organize the yard, and fill orders quickly.
The Nuts and Bolts
- Work within shipping, receiving
- Stocking and/or delivering parts, supplies, products
- Loading/unloading trailers, storing parts in proper locations
- Pulling stock from inventory
- Maintain parts and materials needed to support the line and stock supplies
- Driving and/or staging trucks
- Taping, and sanding on material for paint prep
- Porting vehicles to different locations
- Assist with completed vehicle deliveries to customers locally (if applicable)
- May be required to handle, move, or perform administrative tasks involving Hazardous materials
- Basic math and computer skills.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Training is done on the job.
- Knowledge of pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies is a plus
How We Make an Impact
At Reading Truck, we have more than 65 years of industry leadership in the manufacture, distribution, and enhancement of work truck bodies. We continue to experience rapid growth through our expanding network of more than 20 locations across North America. Take the next step in your career and come get paid to play with trucks!
Some of Our Total Rewards
We offer big company perks with small company culture:
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous Footwear, Eyewear, and Safety Equipment Discount Program
- Paid Training and Development Programs
J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To learn more about Careers with Reading Truck visit our careers page https://www.readingtruck.com/about/careers/