Marine Diesel Technician- Hornblower Shipyard- Bridgeport, CT
Salary Range - $35 - $40
City Experiences is seeking a Marine Diesel Technician for our Hornblower Shipyard operation in Bridgeport.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
This position works on and replaces marine machinery and equipment on commercial vessels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance on diesel engines and other machinery found on passenger vessels. This includes but may not be limited to diesel main engines, diesel auxiliary generators, water jet propulsion equipment, marine reduction gears, hydraulic systems for steering, cranes, and thrusters.
- Heavy machinery maintenance and repair work including engine valve gear timings, injector changes, cylinder head and liner overhauls. This may also include machinery rigging in and out of vessels.
- Water jet maintenance and repair while the vessel is in the water or in dry dock.
- Vessel electrical troubleshooting and repair of generators, motors, control systems, sensors and related wiring. Also, low voltage and battery powered starting, control, electronic control and monitoring systems.
- In dry dock repairs at the shipyards of the vessel drive lines, water jets, couplings, propellers, rudders, and shafts supporting shipyard personnel and/or the Production Manager.
- Work alongside and support OEM service technicians.
- Testing and inspecting installed machinery and equipment during dock and sea trials.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive take-offs and material lists for repairs and overhauls.
- Documentation and monitoring of maintenance and repair work through the company web based and structured maintenance and repair program.
- Participate in computer-based monitoring and input of maintenance tasks, work hours, and company training and documentation programs.
- Assisting the Lead Mechanic with movement and installation of Marine Equipment, Construction Materials, and tools.
- Conduct yourself with a positive and contagious attitude for others to emulate.
- Keep the (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
- Travel to projects sites within US and internationally as needed.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment. Work the hours and shifts assigned by the Production Manager. This may include weekend or evening shifts and occasional overtime. The Production Manager will make efforts to balance these shifts and occasional overtime with every employee's need for rest, relaxation, and family time.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must have experience working in the marine or construction field
- The Marine Technician must have been or is currently being trained in a field that lends itself to the job of personally accomplishing motor vessel machinery troubleshooting, maintenance and repair. One or more of the following areas of training and expertise are required for this position.
- Prior training and experience on motor vessels such as work boats, tugs, fishing vessels, passenger vessels, or vessels of the U.S. Armed forces
- Diesel or heavy machinery mechanics from and trades institution, U.S. Armed forces, or other industries that require hands on repair of engines and engine related systems.
- Basic computer skills as well as the ability to safely communicate with others in the English language.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel to jobs at different sites
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.