Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow.
At Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees.
As a non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation services.
$20.50/hr minimum - $30.75/hr maximum (range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
Responsible for assisting with professional nursing care for SIH patients.
· Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
· Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required.
· Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in unit/department based programs that supports the system’s process improvement goals.
· Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams as needed.
Role Specific Responsibilities
· Conduct a focused nursing assessment and contribute to the ongoing comprehensive nursing assessment of the patient performed by the registered professional nurse
· Collaborate in the development and modification of the registered professional nurse’s or advanced practice registered nurse’s comprehensive nursing plan of care for all types of patients
· Implement aspects of the plan of care
· Participate in health teaching and counseling to promote, attain, and maintain the optimum health level of patients
· Serve as an advocate for the patient by communicating and collaborating with other health service personnel
· Participate in the evaluation of patient responses to interventions
· Communicate and collaborate with other health professional
· Provide input into the development of policies and procedures to support patient safety
· Evaluates patient progress and reports changes to RN.
· Graduate of LPN Program
Licenses and Certification
· Current Illinois Licensed Practical Nurse license
· CPR Certification