Boston Harbor City Cruises is seeking Cooks for our operation in Boston, MA.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The successful Cook is technically competent in food preparation and production, contributes to general galley operations including receiving and storing provisions, is hospitable and cordial to coworkers and guests, and acts safely and responsibly.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Food Prep Worker prepares, and portions food items and performs various duties in accordance with production requirements and sanitation standards.
- Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals.
- Prepares all food items using prep lists and standard recipes.
- Follows proper food handling procedures.
- Maintains accurate rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
- Manages leftover foods correctly; cover, label, date, and accurately store according to company standards.
- Maintains clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
- Ensures stations are cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment).
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all food safety standards and regulations.
- Follows safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
- Completes all required training.
- Additional Job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least one (1) year previous kitchen experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Will be closely supervised; must be able to take direction
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers and guests
- Must possess a service orientation - actively looking for ways to help others
- Will work for extended periods without sitting
- The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
- Required to lift and move heavy items such as cases of provisions and large containers of prepared foods
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
- Must meet minimum state age requirements
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.