Inventory Management Solutions Consultant
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :13147
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Inventory Management
Work Location :Salt Lake City, UT
State or Province :Utah (US-UT)
Potential Work Location :United States : Utah : Salt Lake City | Wyoming | Colorado | Idaho
Job Code: Exempt 15
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Through strong interpersonal skills and with limited supervision, the Inventory Management Solution Consultant’s (IMSC) primary role is enabling explosive revenue growth through solution opportunity management. This includes solution discovery, recommendations, signings support and installation oversight. This can include supporting Customer Needs Analysis (B/CNA) agreements and/or complex sales support involving customer C-Suite personnel.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enables explosive sales growth by properly managing new solution opportunities is the ultimate IMSC’s responsibility beginning with comprehensive customer discovery through installation oversight.
- Proficient with all MSC/Class C inventory management solutions including but not limited to vending, VMI, VMI Inclusion, Crib Software, CMI, etc.
- Partners with key stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met through data collection, solutions discovery and building customer relationships to enable explosive sales growth.
- Conducts detailed discovery on customer needs, including, but not limited to data collection, process improvement, price concerns and cost savings that result in increased signings and expedited installation timelines.
- Continuously works to shorten discovery and recommendation processes (without sacrificing quality) to expedite timelines and speed overall implementations.
- Ensures recommended solutions address specific customer needs
- Provides financial assumptions that supports the recommended solution.
- Working with sales partners, focus on obtaining signed agreements in a timely manner.
- Drives proficiencies in these additional areas:
- Installations – on occasion will be required to support actual solution installations
- Break Fix (onsite service)
- Post Install Support
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Cancellation support
- Utilizing key tools, technology and related PPE, responsible for required for a safe work environment
- Adheres to service level agreements to consistently deliver best-in-class results
- Mentors others on Solutions based programs and systems
- Follows all required Salesforce protocols for project and time management
- Provides feedback to management for continuous process improvement
- Represents MSC Solutions at branch meetings and foster partnerships with sales associates
- Supports designated team goals and objectives
- Follows all MSC policies and procedures documented in the associate handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required
- Minimum three years supporting value-added customer solutions / inventory management programs is required
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and/or software preferred<
- Knowledge of MSC-like product lines/services & MSC related experience is required
- Driver of execution, ability to work through complex situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Organizational & time management skills required
- Problem solving, and situational adaptability skills required
- Computer literacy & proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet & presentation software required.
- Electro/Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Database Software and SQL preferred
- A valid driver’s license & the ability to travel 75% including overnight is required.
- Must possess basic knowledge and use of hand and power tools
- Able to perform physical activities such as lifting to approximately 50 lbs
- Ability to work in various types of industrial environments
- Must adhere to customer specific requirements such as wearing hardhats, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and Disabled as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.