Infrastructure Engineering Senior Manager (Hybrid)
*At Securian Financial the internal position title is Infrastructure Senior Manager*
Securian Financial is looking for an Infrastructure Senior Manager who is passionate about delivering high quality products, services, and capabilities for our internal engineering and app development-oriented customers. This role is part of the Enterprise Cloud and Development Platforms organization within the Enterprise Technology division. We provide offerings for application hosting, deployment, and observability, CI/CD pipelines, API management, local desktop development, and Securian's AWS cloud.
Our mission includes:
- Leveraging a customer-centric mindset towards providing high-quality offerings for engineers and developers throughout the enterprise
- Creating dynamic and scalable solutions through automation, infrastructure as code, and self-service capabilities
- Ensuring our solutions are designed, engineered, and operate safely, securely, and effectively
- Providing education, consulting, and collaborative engagement with other teams throughout Enterprise Technology
- Promoting practices and behaviors around engineering excellence, DevOps, automation/infrastructure as code, optimization, and modernization
For this role, the Sr. Manager will lead the Application Platform team, which is responsible for the application hosting, observability, FinOps, and API management technologies, services, and capabilities. You will lead in setting direction for design, engineering, maintenance, and enhancements, prioritizing work in alignment with the enterprise goals & plans, operating safely and securely, and developing the team to maximize the value delivered for the business. You will also partner with other leaders throughout Enterprise Technology to develop strategies, goals, and plans for delivering and maturing our offerings aligned with business needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the team with a customer-centric mindset, focused on delivering high-quality outcomes for our internal engineering and application development customers.
- Set priorities for the team in alignment with enterprise priorities, team strategies and goals, and overall effectiveness of the technologies, services, and capabilities.
- Establish and manage technology strategies, with a demonstrated ability to convert strategy into plans of action.
- Recruit, direct, and develop staff, maximizing their contributions, professional growth, and their ability to build and sustain a team culture of high-performance and quality outcomes.
- Establish and grow relationships with other teams including infrastructure, application development, cybersecurity, cloud engineering, and enterprise architecture teams.
- Create and optimize technology and processes in partnership with other technology teams, compliance, and information security to ensure systems are designed and operated with security in mind.
- Drive innovation, experimentation, automation, optimization, and modernization throughout the technologies and capabilities.
- Empower team to research and recommend long-term solutions aligned with Enterprise Technology goals and plans.
- Manage technology ownership including activities such as forecasting, budgeting, contract negotiations, licensing, and vendor management.
- On-call availability outside of business hours providing technology leadership for major technology incidents or production outages, serving as a point of contact for on-call staff and communicating impact and urgency to senior leadership.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills to engage with associates and collaborate with internal and external technology and business partners.
- Leadership skills to influence Enterprise Technology associates, teams, and outcomes.
- 4+ years leading technology team(s) in a management role.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with enterprise-scale technology initiatives.
- Proven experience delivering technology solutions for complex and critical efforts in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Preferred experience and familiarity with application hosting, observability, and API management technology, concepts, and practices (e.g. Tomcat, Puppet, Dynatrace, Kong, infrastructure as code, FinOps, etc.).
- Motivated self-starter, with a successful track record of leading change and being resilient through challenges.
- Proven ability to establish working relationships with key technology and business partners on initiatives as well as day-to-day responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt communications to different situations and target the message for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and interfacing with multiple teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of our culture. Associates get the benefit of working both virtually and in our offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes) you'll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel, etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
#LI-hybrid **This position will be in a hybrid working arrangement.**
- Ability to utilize the keyboard, computer and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize the phone and/or virtual meeting platform for up to 8 hours per day
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance or any other protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone 651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click here