Home Care Supervisor - Lynnwood Office
Job Title: Home Care Supervisor - $500 Dollar Sign -on Bonus
Reports To: Home Care Director
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Annual Salary: $25.50 per hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm with an on-call rotation
SAILS Washington is a part of the Redwood Family Care Network and we take our mission to heart. Our mission is to provide world-class, person-centered services that promote choice, independence, and the opportunity for growth. This is achieved through working partnerships and integrated care coordination.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
Here's What You'll Do:
Under immediate supervisor, the Home Care Supervisor has general responsibility for supervising and coordinating the daily activities of home care aides. The primary goals of the Home Care Supervisor includes the scheduling of client services in an appropriate and timely manner, filling needed staff call outs with replacements, orientation and obtaining client authorization of home care services before implementation, and the maintenance of regular contact with clients to insure superior service delivery and response to client needs and desires relative to client home care plan of care (service plan). The Home Care Supervisor works with supportive staff in regards to hiring, orientation and evaluation of home care aides and ensures all their training and required documentation is kept current.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage client/Staff caseload and service delivery.
- Assist with the management of client and home care aide schedules.
- Assist with assigning home care aides to new and current clients based on client needs
- Coordination of emergency fill-in care.
- Ability to provide care for clients on an emergency fill-in basis as necessary
- Maintain a standby name list for available substitute home care aides.
- Assist with fill-in shift needs as directed.
- Consult with HC Team in regards to staffing needs and communicate those to the recruiter.
- Orient caregivers to client plan of care and document.
- Assist with day to day operational needs of the HC Department as directed by the HC Supervisor.
- Maintain current employee and client schedules in the telephony system.
- Assist with new client intakes and thoroughly assess care needs.
- Periodic supervisory visits as well as meet and greets.
- Supervising and coordinating the daily activities of home care aides
- Supervise home care aides.
- Complete home care aide evaluations according to agency policy.
- Respond and resolve home care complaints and issues.
- Consult with HC Supervisor in regards to employee disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Scheduling and maintaining of home care services to clients
- Report all unusual occurrences regarding client case to HC Supervisor
- Correspond and communicate as necessary with Case Management and clients
- Document all communication in Therap daily.
- Conduct home visits
Compensation & Benefits
- $25.50 per hour
- State Paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (if requirements are met)
- Voluntary Shore-term and Voluntary Long-term disability
- Voluntary Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & ADD plus Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO Vacation & Sick Time)
- Unlimited Peer Referral Program
- Paid Travel Time and Mileage Reimbursement
- Excellent and Flexible Work Environment
- Working Advantage employee discount program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to preform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to preform essential functions.
- Possession of a valid Washington driver’s license is a requirement of this job.
- Satisfactorily past criminal history check
- Experience in Related Field
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience in providing care to the elderly and/or disabled; all aspects of personal care as well as transfers (Hoyer, slide board, gait belt, pivot).
- Unique Expertise/Certification/Registrations
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible and perform work under time pressure
- CNA or Home Care Aide Certification preferred
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to travel to clients’ residences to conduct home visits
- Type: sedentary work ability to perform administrative duties, typing, filing, bending over to low files, reaching high files.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking and standing and driving for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of caring for an individual who is ill, infirm, disabled or vulnerable.
Ability to work 40 hours a week and additional hours if required. This position requires that you fulfill on-call obligations every 3-4 weeks. You will recieve a stipend when on-call.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking, to define problems
- Ability to collect data
- Ability to establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Ability to read, write, speak clearly and persuasively to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to record and deliver information
- Ability to speak distinctly and listen carefully in order to communicate effectively.
- Ability to answer inquiries from external customers
- Ability to effectively converse with disgruntled people and the general public
- Ability to follow rules and policies of the company
- Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings
- Ability to complete forms; record and locate data accurately
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accurately distinguish data.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Therap software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. (will provide training to the correct individual)
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
For more information, or to learn about other opportunities with Sails Washington, please visit our parent company's website @ https://www.redwoodfcn.com/careers/
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy