Home Care Aid/Caregiver - Shoreline, WA
Changing Lives Shaping The Future
Job Title: Home Care Aid - $500 Sign -on Bonus
Reports To: Supervisor
Working Location: Shoreline, WA
Compensation: $18 - $21 per hour
Status: Part-Time can be built to full time if wanted
Schedule: Friday - Monday 10am - 9pm
The Home Care Aide role provides compassionate caring services to clients with developmental disabilities and/or senior care in order for them to have a higher quality of life.
Are you looking for a career opportunity or change? Do you enjoy making a positive, long-lasting impact in people’s lives? If you said YES, then you may be who we are looking for!!No experience necessary!
SAILS Washington is a part of the Redwood Family Care Network, and we take our mission to heart. Our mission is to provide world-class, person-centered services that promote choice, independence, and the opportunity for growth. This is achieved through working partnerships and integrated care coordination.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Responsible for caring for a child/adult with special needs who cannot perform certain daily living skills without assistance as a result of their disability or a senior requiring care and assistance or companionship. (These will be non-medical services.)
- Assistance with daily living skills which could include assistance in a variety of areas, depending on the needs of the client. The daily living skills could include the following:
- Feeding, and assistance with eating, includes supervising or guiding the client when able to feed self, assisting with difficult tasks such as cutting food or buttering bread, and orally feeding the client when unable to feed self.
- Dressing or assisting the client with dressing when needed.
- Personal hygiene or body care: assisting the client to wash, bathing includes supervising or guiding the client to bathe, helping the client get in or out of the tub or shower if needed, or completely bathing the client if they are unable to.
- Toileting: helping the client to and from the bathroom, assisting with bedpan routines, using incontinent briefs, cleaning the client after elimination or assisting them on and off the toilet.
- Provide Companionship through Activities
- Provide Transportation Support
- Assist with the Activities of Daily Living
- Provide Meal Plan/Prep Support
- Monitor Client for Change in Condition
- Provide Support with Medication
- Support with Housekeeping
Compensation & Benefits:
- $18-21 per hour
- State Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (if requirements are met)
- Voluntary Short-term and Voluntary Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & ADD plus Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO Vacation & Sick Time)
- Unlimited Peer Referral Program
- Paid Travel Time and Mileage Reimbursement
- Excellent and Flexible Work Environment
- Working Advantage employee discount program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Capella University Discounts
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License, a reliable vehicle, up-to-date auto insurance, and must be willing to transport clients.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required
- High School Diploma / Equivalent required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. (documentation required)
- Home Care Aide License (HCA) OR Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (within 120 days of employment, training can be provided for HCA)
- First Aid/CPR Certified (within 120 days of employment, training can be provided)
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
If you are unfamiliar with the job title of Home Care Aid (HCA): Similar job titles are Caregiver, Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Home Health Aid (HCA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or Direct Care Provider.
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy