Boston Harbor City Cruises is seeking Full and Part Time year round Deckhands for South Shore operation in Hingham, MA.
Salary Range: Starting at $16/hour
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
Individuals in this position will serve as crew members onboard large-capacity passenger vessels. Ideal candidates will be outgoing, friendly, and able to work a flexible schedule while being part of the team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
***This is not a live aboard position***
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in the RESPECT SERVICE SYSTEM.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure the protection of passengers and vessel.
- Participate in routine training & safety drills.
- Handle lines to moor vessels to pier.
- Stand watch in ships' bows, sterns, or bridge wings to look for obstructions in a ship's path or to locate navigational aids such as buoys and lighthouses.
- Assist Captain and supervisory personnel in maintaining vessel equipment and systems such as HVAC, engine, and technical equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas.
- Sweep, mop, and wash down decks and exterior to remove dirt and debris using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses.
- Load or unload materials from vessels; gather and remove trash from vessel.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards.
- Performs security/safety patrols of all decks while vessel is underway. Communicates with passengers, answering questions and responding to complaints.
- Assists with boarding and disembarking of passengers.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred.
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers.
- Must possess a service orientation - actively looking for ways to help others.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential.
- Will work for extended periods of time without sitting.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to throw mooring lines from ship to pier.
- Will be required to be available for work on nights, weekends, and all major holidays.
- Per maritime law, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certification a plus but not required.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.