Generator Field Service Technician
Wolverine Power Systems is Michigan’s exclusive, statewide distributor of Generac® Industrial Power generators.
Want to work for a company that cares about you?
Wolverine Power Systems is a growing family owned company headquartered in Zeeland, MI with locations also in Marquette, Gaylord & Wixom, MI. We value hard work, integrity, positive attitude and honesty. As a family owned business our team members are valuable to us and we offer insurance benefits and paid vacation on your first day as part of our team. If you are interested in learning more about the great benefits we offer our team, apply today.
Wolverine Power Systems offers
- Day 1 Health, Dental, Vision, Accident insurances available
- Day 1 Company provided Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 7 paid holidays and PTO starting day 1
- 401k plan
If you are interested in learning more about the great benefits we offer our team, apply today.
1. The Role
Install, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and complete preventive maintenance of industrial and residential generators, engines, and related equipment. This position has a high level of customer interaction.
2. Essential Duties
• Perform scheduled inspections on equipment to prevent future failure, including but not limited to load banking and analyzing voltage requirements.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and perform maintenance on equipment according to standard procedures in an efficient manner.
• Check warranty issues on generator units, thoroughly clean units, and leave them in the correct mode.
• Complete generator start-ups, ensure correct location, proper ventilation, gas line sizing requirements, and that generator is left clean and in correct mode.
• Handle single/multiple Genset and transfer switch installations/start-up’s.
• Follow established expectations for communicating with Dispatch throughout the day regarding updates and next assignments.
• Work cohesively with internal and external customers to ensure complete satisfaction with time, service, and delivery.
• Serve as a technical resource for peers.
• Train and educate customers on use of equipment and value of products and services provided.
• Maintain company vehicle and associated inventory in the vehicle.
• Attend factory training on equipment and obtain successful completion of factory certification.
• Maintain accurate records of all services performed, mileage, expenses, and bill-able hours.
• Adhere to all safety requirements and regulations.
• This position reports to a specified Wolverine location and travels to customer locations within assigned geographic area.
• A commitment to the Company’s core values of honesty, integrity, hardworking and a positive attitude.
• Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.