ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) Foundation isdedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion in the real estateinvestment industry. The Pension Real Estate Association isthe premier trade association for institutional investors in realestate, with over 725 corporate member firms from 17 differentcountries. Corporate members include some of the largest investmentmanagement firms in the world, including JP, Morgan Chase,Blackstone, and Goldman Sachs. PREA investor membersrepresent more than $11.3 trillion in assets, with approximately$800 billion invested in real estate.
In 2017, Pension Real Estate Association established the PREAFoundation as an independent nonprofit, prioritizing andrecognizing the need for increased diversity within the field andan increased pool of talent representing the industry. Today, PREAFoundation is governed by a board of global industry leaders,developing programs designed to increase the racial, gender, andsocioeconomic diversity of professionals pursuing long-term careersin real estate.
PREA Foundation is uniquely positioned to organize and direct theresources of institutional capital partners to create, accelerate,and expand diversity career pathway programs and disseminateevidence-based DE&I practices specific to the industry. TheFoundation leverages donor funds by making catalytic grantinvestments with leading providers of diversity programming tocreate career-entry and advancement opportunities for people ofcolor and women at critical career transition points from highschool to the C-suite.
PREA Foundation is working to build and scale thelargest and most comprehensive diversity-talent pipeline into theinstitutional real estate industry. The Foundation’sgrants create life-changing career opportunities for young peopleand help to ensure that the future leadership of the industryreflects the rich diversity of society.
To learn more about the PREA Foundation, please visit https://www.prea.org/foundation/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The PREA Foundation seeks a highly organized, action-oriented,collaborative problem solver to join its team. Reporting to theExecutive Director, the Foundation Coordinator will facilitate theteam’s ability to do their jobs well by managing essential dailyfunctions, always with the big picture in mind. The FoundationCoordinator will also support the Executive Director in deliveringon grant and donor-related needs and maintaining relationships withthe Board of Directors, donors and program staff.
The Foundation Coordinator will provide wide and variedorganizational and administrative support necessary to effectivelyexecute the PREA Foundation’s programs, governance and donorstewardship responsibilities. As a highly engaged member ofthe PREA Foundation Team, this individual will excel in managingmultiple projects with an eye toward details.
Given the entrepreneurial nature of the organization, theFoundation is seeking a self-starter, capable of working withminimal supervision but also highly collaborative and reliable, onewho demonstrates a high level of integrity, resilience, and awillingness to take on tasks large and small to achieve our goalsof creating greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the realestate industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limitedto:
Donor and Grantee Coordination
- Serve as the initial point of contact for donor and granteeinquiries regarding the Foundation.
- Communicate information to grantees and donors to maintainengagement and facilitate collaboration on Foundationinitiatives.
- Maintain records and gather and analyze grant programdata.
- Prepare work plans and reports to facilitate projects with keydonors and partners.
- Respond to inquiries from Foundation stakeholders and makehigh-level contacts of a sensitive nature, internally andexternally, requiring discretion and diplomacy.
- Drive content for the Foundation website, social mediaaccounts, quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Oversight and basic management of the Foundation website andsocial media activity.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of board &committee meeting materials and record meeting minutes.
- Maintain the board portal and organize information relevant tothe Foundation Board members with discretion and confidentiality inrelationships with all board members.
- Orchestrate meeting coordination, including complex andlarge-group scheduling, event publicity, communication withattendees, travel arrangements and managing RSVPs.
- Write and edit documents and other deliverables with highattention to detail.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; proactively handle matters in atimely manner and follow through on projects to successfulcompletion, often with deadline pressures.
- Attend meetings with the Executive Director, taking notes,tracking deliverables, and ensuring timely follow-ups.
- Complete a variety of tasks for the Executive Director,including managing a calendar of appointments, composing andpreparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed meetings,travel plans, itineraries, agendas and compiling documents thatsupport the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead theorganization.
- Maintain a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritizingtasks and project plans.
- Maintain and organize Foundation files on computer drive and MSTeams.
- Provide administrative support, including document creation,reimbursements, check requests, organization and maintenance offiles and records.
- Work on special projects as needed and conduct basic researchand analysis of data to respond to requests.
The ideal candidate will possess the followingqualifications:
- An authentic passion and commitment to PREA Foundation’s visionto advance diversity and inclusion.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, withthe ability to work hands-on to develop and execute a variety ofactivities.
- A strong learning orientation and a roll-up-your-sleeves,can-do attitude.
- A strong customer service orientation, exceptional relationshipmanagement skills and a sense of humor.
- Strong cultural competence with an ability to communicate andinfluence diverse stakeholders.
- Comfort and an affinity for social media tools and officetechnologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite skills (i.e., Excel,Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Word, SharePoint, and Adobe AcrobatPro).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Three or more years of professional experience in one or moreof the following areas: program management; philanthropy/nonprofit;diversity and inclusion; real estate investment, and/or financialservices.
- Knowledge of the real estate investment space is welcome butnot required.
- College degree and comparable years of professional experiencerequired.
Flexible, Seattle, New York City, Washington D.C.preferred. Other U.S. cities considered. Primarilyremote work position and in-person meetings as needed. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required. 10-20% travel as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary and benefits will be competitive for the nonprofit sectorand commensurate with experience. In addition to base salary theposition pays a performance bonus, health insurance premiums andoffers a 401K plan with employer match.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inthe cover letter, please describe your most relevant experience forthis role and why you are interested in working to further themission of the PREA Foundation.
PREA Foundation Inc. is committed to fostering diversity,equity and inclusion and actively welcomes candidates from diversebackgrounds.