Benefits at bioMerieux:
Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits starting day one
11 paid holidays
160 hours of paid time off
9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per calendar year
The Field Systems Engineer is responsible for managing all service needs of bioMerieux customers within their assigned geographic territory, as well as nationally, on an as-needed basis, utilizing appropriate tools and test equipment. This position requires someone who is a self-starter, with the ability to deliver a best-in-class customer experience, while working remotely without direct supervision and able to travel within their assigned geographic area on short-notice.
This role will support the Cedar Rapids, IA area and must be based in close proximity or surrounding area.
- Territory Management:
- Respond expediently to all requests for customer needs via professional written and/or verbal communications ensuring all instrument service requests are fulfilled within the assigned geographic territory, or nationally if needed.
- Demonstrate good territory management skills, utilizing sound business judgement, while coordinating installations, preventive and corrective maintenance, moves, upgrades, and removals of all instruments trained on, requesting support as needed, in order to meet customer and business objectives.
- Utilize strong electro-mechanical and computer skills to diagnose and repair instrument issues to the board or subassembly level ensuring all instruments serviced operate optimally in all performance areas.
- Develop a strong rapport with locally supported customer base, becoming a trusted advisor, while promoting the value and benefits of service agreements, other bioMerieux services and instruments, communicating potential sales opportunities to the appropriate team.
- Routinely contact Purchase Order Required customers regarding needs for routine Preventive Maintenance service events on their non-contract covered instruments, helping drive business revenue objectives.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Accurately complete instrument service work orders and all associated quality assurance checklists for each service event in a timely manner, documenting all activities completed at the customer site as well as any additional actions needed to resolve all customer concerns.
- Complete all assigned internal training requirements within expected timelines.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of scheduled events, including training classes and vacation, within the designated service management system to reflect available and non-available times.
- Submit travel related expense reports on a routine basis so as not to incur late fees or penalties.
- Other Related Duties:
- Maintain and control ready on-hand spare parts inventory at levels compatible with repair activities and department financial objectives.
- Strive for continuous self-improvement of knowledge of bioMerieux policies, procedures, inter-personal skills, as well as instrument service and operation techniques.
- Maintain company issued vehicle to include routine cleaning and servicing per scheduled maintenance cycle.
- Maintain and safeguard all company owned assets to include laptop, cell phone, iPad, hand tools and calibrated test equipment to facilitate daily job functionality.
- Represent bioMerieux in a professional manner at all times through adherence to documented Standards of Performance.
- Achieve or exceed all Measured Business Objectives as established on an annual basis.
- Partner with sales and applications counterparts to deliver the highest level of customer experience possible to existing and potential bioMerieux customers.
- Provide support at trade shows on an as needed basis
Education, Skills, & Experience:
- Military training, biomedical training, or technical school in Electronic Technology or Computer Science required. Associates degree in engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on electro-mechanical, electronic, computer, electrical and vacuum systems
- Experience in host/remote communications and network systems preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory operations preferred