New Maryville Location Opening Soon!
EZ Stop-Assistant Manager
EZ Stop stores are family-owned, community-centered convenience stores located throughout the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Our mission is to run community convenience stores made exceptional by fresh, local products and good, friendly people.
EZ Stop is seeking nice people to provide an excellent customer experience in our stores. The Assistant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager. If you enjoy leading teams, treat employees with respect, have excellent communication skills, and are self-motivated and dependable, then you would be a great fit for this role. Candidates with a desire to learn and grow their skillset will stand out.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Store Manager with staffing the store, training/coaching team members, prioritizing and delegating work, and effectively managing the store personnel through efficient scheduling and use of labor hours
- Ensure conditions across the store meet or exceed quality standards by adhering to all policies and procedures for cleanliness, safety, service, and operational efficiency
- Ensure a positive, genuine customer shopping experience and connect with the community to establish positive relationships for store success
- Assist with the proper placement, pricing, and stocking of merchandise in the store
- Monitor profits through, shrink indicators, lottery, store audits, vendors, and retail waste
- Deliver on our promise of Nice People. Good Stuff.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience leading, developing, and selecting teams in a retail or food service establishment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of building a team - provide overall direction and support, evaluate talent, provide feedback and coaching, and conduct performance evaluations
- Ability to perform individually and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environments with little to no supervision
- Ability to work any shift based on business needs to include nights, weekends, and holidays