Engineering Sr. Analyst (Hybrid)
*This position is eligible to be hired at the Analyst, Sr. Analyst, or Consultant levels depending on the skills and qualifications of candidates.
Securian Financial is seeking a Java Developer to join a hybrid environment Scrum team that focuses on our Annuity Insurance technology applications and processes to implement Annuity, Pension Risk Transfer, and Retirement products. Technologies used by the team include Java, Spring, Spring Batch, SQL Server, and Oracle.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work to solve problems with a test and learn mindset.
- Provide ongoing support for business applications and respond to production needs.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, integration, and implementation activities of low to medium complexity.
- Support operational and modernization efforts such as Vulnerability Management, Application Rationalization, AWS Migration, and Accessibility.
- Develop and maintain Annuity business knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience with Java or other programming languages.
- Strong collaborator and communicator.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science or related field).
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies.
- Java batch & Spring batch experience.
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, AWS, and Junit.
#LI-hybrid **This position will be in a hybrid working arrangement.**
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of our culture. Associates get the benefit of working both virtually and in our offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes) you'll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel, etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance or any other protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone 651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click here