At Ability Beyond, you can be Accepted, Celebrated, & Impactful!
Location: Torrington (Primary) & Waterbury (Based out of Waterbury Office)
Hours: M-F 8:00-4:00 FLEX (Full Time)
Salary: $ 42,000 yearly
Travel Requirements: Around 150 to 175 miles biweekly (gas milage reimbursement)
- Provide vocational supports to high school youth and adults with disabilities with their employment goals. Funded through the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services and the Board of Education and Services for the Blind.
- Provide Level Up summer work-based experience services funded by the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services to students still in high school seeking to gain real life work skills. Services are funded through local school systems for students with disabilities in their last year under special education services.
- No day is the same in career development, which keeps it exciting! As an Employment Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting clients in finding integrated, competitive employment.
- You will network to identify opportunities in the individual's preferred field, provide supplemental training for the clients on the job, and provide support to help clients maintain their employment.
- Responsibilities include goal setting, resume writing, interview skill building, soft skills and job coaching, and networking with businesses through job developing.
- You will provide transportation to clients to job sites for interviews in a safe manner.
- Documentation includes consistently and accurately completing all require Ability Beyond and funder documentation to expected standards.
- You will provide ongoing follow up for each job placement including site visits, and arranged meetings away from work sites.
- This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into human services, recent college graduates, someone looking for a non-office-based role, or anyone looking for a career change.
- Extensive paid training and certification program
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, vision, pet insurance)
- Paid time off (increases over years of service)
- Self-directed retirement plan options (403B)
- PSLF loan forgiveness eligibility
- Flexible work schedules and overtime available that allow for work life balance
- Access to an Employee Assistant Program including mental health resources
- Ongoing diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging initiatives
- Accredited certification programs in direct care, leadership, and other specialties
- Employee mentorship program
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the human service field. May substitute no less than eight (8) years of related work experience for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Requires daily use of registered, insured vehicle for transportation of clients served
- Experience or interest in human services or health services preferred
To learn more about Ability Beyond, check out our YouTube Channel: