At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we are passionate about creatingan inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Wefirmly believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds andvoices, working together, increases our capacity to serve ourvisitors and fulfill our mission. We welcome people from allwalks of life into our team and strongly encourage people of color,LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities toapply.
Under general supervision, responsible for raising annual giftsof $1 million or more annually from assigned portfolio of donorsand prospects. The Donor Relations Officer-Packards’ Circle isresponsible for proposing and implementing donor relationsstrategies and communications to meet revenue goals, retain andgrow Packards’ Circle donor base (annual gifts of $2,500-$9,999).Special focus on retention of current donors and cultivationleading to higher levels of giving. Working with developmentleadership, help grow prospects pipeline with donors capable ofmaking major gifts of $100,000 or more within assign portfoliothrough, both outright and planned. Perform other duties asrequired.
- Propose strategies and comprehensive engagement andsolicitation plans for assigned portfolio of 300-350 donors forannual gifts of $2,500-$10,000.
- Make personal contacts through phone calls, emails and meetingsto build deeper engagement with a portfolio of Packards’ Circledonors at $2,500-$9,999. Secure gifts with special emphasis onretention of current donors and upgrades to higher levels ofgiving.
- Identify and elevate donors with major gifts capacity ($100,000or more) within assigned portfolio to senior leadership.Independently recommend customized strategies for each prospect,including setting goals, objectives and a set of strategic effortsleading to closing increased gifts. Work with leadership andsolicit for gifts.
- Qualify prospects with capacity of making gifts of $2,500 ormore annually and confirm prospect research data; develop creativeways to contact and connect with prospects.
- Identify Gift Planning prospects within assigned portfolio andcollaborate with Gift Planning team to cultivate and solicit legacygifts through various giving vehicles.
- Regularly monitor and analyze individual progress and resultsagainst goals, and provide regular reports on the progresseffectively and proactively to senior leadership inDevelopment.
- Work with Donor Relations Manager-Packards’ Circle tobrainstorm ideas and help plan events for Packards’ Circledonors.
- Draft emails and letters for communications with assignedportfolio of donors that meet our standards, style guide andbrand.
- Assist with special projects and attend donor events for higherlevel engagement with donors and prospects as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities(KSAs):
- Minimum four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Four or more years of experience in a donor relations or giftofficer role with demonstrated success closing gifts of $10,000 ormore
- Experience identifying, qualifying, soliciting, and stewardinggifts from individual donors
- Ability to work independently, to set and achieve goals with ahigh degree of initiative, self-direction, andself-supervision
- The ability to gather and synthesize appropriate informationand recommend a course of action, and to effectively report on theprogress.
- Experience in creating letters and copies, including but notlimited to appeals, renewals and acknowledgement letters. Mustprovide examples of their work,
- Experience with gift planning and major donor programs
- High level of initiative, excellent organization skills andattention to detail
- Two years or more years of experience working with database,Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Must have excellent organization skills, attention to detailand critical thinking skills
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communicationsskills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word andExcel
- Ability to work within and maintain Monterey Bay Aquarium’sCore Values
Physical Requirements to Perform Essential JobFunctions:
- Typical office equipment
- Constant sitting, standing, walking, bending
- Occasional unassisted lifting up to 50 lbs
- Typical office environment, main aquarium and exhibits,occasional offsite events
Annual Compensation Range:
$65,700-$80,000 USD annually. Starting rate will vary based onprevious experience and relevant skills/knowledge set.