Direct Support Professional-Thousand Oaks $500 Sign On Bonus
Changing Lives Shaping The Future
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL-Thousand Oaks
Job Title: Direct Support Professional
Hourly Rate: $17.00-19.00
Shifts Needed: AM PM and NOC
Job Status: Full Time and Part-Time
Work Locations: Thousand Oaks, CA
Redwood Family Care Network’s mission is to provide World Class person-centered services, supports and advocacy for individuals in a positive and life enriching environments. Through working partnerships and integrated care coordination, we aim to enrich the lives of the individuals we support and respond to the needs of our communities and stakeholders.
We are committed to the philosophy that the people we serve, and our employees always come first. Accross Redwood Family Care Network, our employees share a passion to make a positive impact in the lives of others. We are looking to add talented and passionate individuals to join our Redwood Family.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Accident, Hospital, Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability
- FSA, HSA, Dependent Care
- Pre Tax 401(k) and After tax Roth
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Tuition Discount through Capella University
- Company Perks and Discounts
- NEW ON-DEMAND PAY!
Redwood Family Care Network is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Direct Support Professionals supports individuals with developmental disabilities to have quality of life. The Direct Support Professionals promotes the health, safety and well-being of residents. A Direct Support Professionals serves as an advocate for our clients.
- Outline and prepare daily routine(s) for clients' (visual and active) as written in Individual Program Plan.
- Support the needs and goals of each resident by participating in the development of IPP/ISP goals.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for the clients.
- Support the needs and goals of each resident by taking them to visit family and friends, to preferred leisure/recreation activities, and encouraging them to socialize among peers.
- Assist clients with personal care such as grooming, bathroom needs, changing clients' undergarments and/or clothing if needed.
- Prepare daily meals and assist with clean-up.
- Pick-up/drop-off clients in company vans from/to their home/facility (if necessary).
- Report any incidents or problems and communicate daily with administers.
- Perform other duties assigned
Education and Experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of professional or personal experience in caregiving (Preferred experience in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses with challenging behaviors)
- Direct Support Professional Certificate Year 1 & Year 2 and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention (Preferred or willing to obtain within the first 6 months of hire)
- First Aid / CPR (Preferred or willing to obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a California Driver’s License
- Candidates must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Apply at: www.redwoodfcn.com
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy