Direct Support Professional - CARR
Changing Lives Shaping The Future
Job Description – Direct Support Professional - Vancouver
Monday through Thursday 6:45 AM - 3 PM
Monday through Thursday 2:45 PM - 11 AM
Monday Night through Thursday Night 10:45 PM - 7 AM
Friday through Sunday 6:45 AM - 7 PM
Friday Night through Sunday Night 6:45 PM - 7 AM
SAILS CARR Washington employs appropriate individuals who ensure a high standard of quality and safety in the delivery of Residential Services and who coordinate the provision of services
consistent with SAILS CARR Washington philosophy of care.
To define the duties of a Direct Support Professional.
Meets the qualifications listed in the Employment Qualifications policy.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Direct Support Professional:
• Provides support to program participants that meets their needs, provides opportunities for
community integration, including swimming, and creates a nurturing, safe, and healthful living
• Must be familiar with the Residential Service Guidelines issued by the Developmental Disabilities Administration.
• Provides each participant with an array of instruction and support services, as described in the
participants’ Individual Instruction and Support Plan (IISP).
• Ensures that the daily needs of the participants are met, including personal hygiene, food
preparation, house cleaning, shopping, and monitoring of health needs, including supervision of
• Assists participants with regularly accessing the community to take part in a variety of outings
of the participants’ choosing. This may require transporting participants or arranging for
• Ensures that participants are treated with dignity and consideration at all times. Promotes and
safeguards each participant’s ability to make decisions and to freely exercise his or her rights.
• Interacts with participants, provides informal counseling and problem-solves with participants.
• Attends staff meetings as required by the Program Supervisor or the Site Supervisor and/or
• Attends training offered/required by the agency, DDA, and other parties.
• Takes part in the development and implementation of the IISP for each participant with whom
• Will become Nurse Assistant Registered (NAR) at employee’s own expense initially and
• Must enroll and complete Nurse Delegation study course and take test within 30 days of
• Provides necessary support and supervision of participants.
• Maintains professional working relationships with other services providers, the participants’
parents/relatives/guardians and other agency staff. Responsible for timely completion of all documentation, including, but not limited to, the medication log, shift notes, progress notes,
data sheets, incident reports, and client financial records.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or the Site Supervisor and/or the
• Must have a valid driver’s license and car and must be willing to transport clients in own
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy