Direct Support Professional
02CHAR - Direct Support Professional
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL/CAREGIVER
Job Title: Direct Support Professional
Hourly Rate: $18.00 - $20.00/hr
Shifts Needed: AM,PM,OVERNIGHTS,WEEKENDS
Job Status: Full Time/Part Time
Work Locations: Santa Rosa,CA
***DURING THIS UNPRECEDENTED TIME (COVID19), PEOPLE’S CARE IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING SAFE CARE FOR OUR CONSUMERS BY FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED CDC GUIDELINES***
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
- Paid sick time
- Company Perks and Discounts
- NEW ON-DEMAND PAY!
People's Care and The Redwood family care network is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults and adolescents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Direct Support Professionals supports individuals with developmental disabilities to have quality of life. The Direct Support Professionals promotes the health, safety and well-being of residents. A Direct Support Professionals serves as an advocate for our clients.
- Outline and prepare daily routine(s) for clients' (visual and active) as written in Individual Program Plan.
- Support the needs and goals of each resident by participating in the development of IPP/ISP goals.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for the clients.
- Support the needs and goals of each resident by taking them to visit family and friends, to preferred leisure/recreation activities, and encouraging them to socialize among peers.
- Assist clients with personal care such as grooming, bathroom needs, changing clients' undergarments and/or clothing if needed.
- Prepare daily meals and assist with clean-up.
- Pick-up/drop-off clients in company vans from/to their home/facility (if necessary).
- Report any incidents or problems and communicate daily with administers.
- Perform other duties assigned
Education and Experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of professional or personal experience in caregiving (Preferred experience in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses with challenging behaviors)
- Direct Support Professional Certificate Year 1 & Year 2 and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention (Preferred or willing to obtain within the first 6 months of hire)
- First Aid / CPR (Preferred or willing to obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a California Driver’s License
- Candidates must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy