Direct Support Professional 2
Changing Lives Shaping The Future
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL CAREGIVER- COSTA MESA & IRVINE
Job Title: Direct Support Professional Caregiver
Hourly Rate: $16.00 - $17.00
Shifts Needed: PM/OVERNIGHTS--Weekends Preferred
Job Status: Part-Time/ Full-Time
Work Locations: Irvine/Costa Mesa, CA
***DURING THIS UNPRECEDENTED TIME (COVID19), PEOPLE’S CARE IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING SAFE CARE FOR OUR CONSUMERS BY FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED CDC GUIDELINES***
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance offered
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Perks and Discounts
- NEW ON-DEMAND PAY!
People's Care and SAILS Group is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults and adolescents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Direct Support Professionals supports individuals with developmental disabilities to have quality of life. The Direct Support Professionals promotes the health, safety and well-being of residents. A Direct Support Professionals serves as an advocate for our clients.
- Outline and prepare daily routine(s) for clients' (visual and active) as written in Individual Program Plan.
- Support the needs and goals of each resident by participating in the development of IPP/ISP goals.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for the clients.
- Support the needs and goals of each resident by taking them to visit family and friends, to preferred leisure/recreation activities, and encouraging them to socialize among peers.
- Assist clients with personal care such as grooming, bathroom needs, changing clients' undergarments and/or clothing if needed.
- Prepare daily meals and assist with clean-up.
- Pick-up/drop-off clients in company vans from/to their home/facility (if necessary).
- Report any incidents or problems and communicate daily with administers.
- Perform other duties assigned
Education and Experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of professional or personal experience in caregiving (Preferred experience in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses with challenging behaviors)
- Direct Support Professional Certificate Year 1 & Year 2 and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention (Preferred or willing to obtain within the first 6 months of hire)
- First Aid / CPR (Preferred or willing to obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a California Driver’s License
- Candidates must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
VISIT OUR CAREER WEBSITE AT: http://sailsgroup.org/
Providing Excellent Support and Advocacy