The Staff Pad is partnering with a Medical and Dental Clinic who is in need of a Dental Hygienist. Our client is a non-profit whose mission is to improve the overall health of their community by expanding access to quality health and wellness services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides direct supervision of dental support staff.
• Interviews and selects new candidates with Clinic Administrator.
• Responsible for training, orienting and mentoring of all dental support staff at designated clinic, as well as assessing andperforming ongoing training, as needed.
• Coordinates and/or participates in staff in-service training, as directed.
• Ensures that dental support staff is meeting or exceeding quality goals and adhering to safety protocols.
• Builds and maintains schedules for dental staff.
• Orders dental supplies and maintains inventory records for the department.
• Assists with patient complaints and monitors patient communication system.
• Verifies that all dental equipment is consistently in good working order, and makes recommendations for equipmentimprovements.
• Periodically performs essential duties of a Dental Assistant.
• Provides support for dental department when Clinic Administrator is unavailable.
• Leads department meetings.
Education/Experience: Completion of accredited dental assisting program or dental assistant training program required.
• Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) certification preferred.
• Two years dental assisting experience required.
• Supervisoryexperience in healthcare setting preferred.
• Previous experience in a community health care setting preferred.
• Valid driver’s licenseand insurance required.
•Valid Dental Assistant Registration licensure in state of Washington required within 120 days of hire. Certificate ofregistration from Idaho Board of Dentistry required at time of hire.