The Staff Pad is partnering with a Medical and Dental Clinic in the Lewis-Clark Valley who is in need of a Dental Hygienist. Our client is a non-profit whose mission is to improve the overall health of their community by expanding access to quality health and wellness services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs dental cleanings, scalings, and prophylaxis, as indicated under supervision of a Dentist.
• Applies preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluoride).
• Administers local anesthesia.
• Places permanent and provisional restorations.
• Performs x-rays, as needed.
• Records evaluations of oral condition on dental charts.
• Gives oral hygiene instructions, dietary advice and provides information about necessary dental care.
• Supports dental providers and other clinical staff when not in hygiene appointment, including sterilization.
• Participates in the development and implementation of provider productivity standards.
• Participates in staff meetings and in-service training as directed by Dental Director.
• Represents organization at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs.
• Treats patients with highest respect in all functions of job and maintains patient confidentiality.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an ADA-accredited dental hygiene program required.
Previous experience in acommunity dental clinic preferred.
Valid hygienist licensure from Washington State Department of Health
Must be able to secure credentialing through identified agencies (Medicaid, etc.)
Valid driver’slicense and insurance required.
• Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills required.
• Compassion for patients required. Must be ableto work well in team environment.
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment, with ability to anticipate future needs.
• Computer skills required. Knowledge in surgical and restorative dental assisting required.
• BLS (CPR/AED) required.
• Commitmentto supporting a safe, respectful, equitable, and inclusive environment required.