The Staff Pad is partnering with a Medical and Dental Clinic who is in need of a Locum Dental Hygienist. Our client is a non-profit whose mission is to improve the overall health of their community by expanding access to quality health and wellness services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs dental cleanings, scalings, and prophylaxis, as indicated under supervision of a Dentist.
• Applies preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluoride).
• Administers local anesthesia.
• Places permanent and provisional restorations.
• Performs x-rays, as needed.
• Records evaluations of oral condition on dental charts.
• Gives oral hygiene instructions, dietary advice and provides information about necessary dental care.
• Supports dental providers and other clinical staff when not in hygiene appointment, including sterilization.
• Participates in the development and implementation of provider productivity standards.
• Participates in staff meetings and in-service training as directed by Dental Director.
• Represents organization at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs.
• Treats patients with highest respect in all functions of job and maintains patient confidentiality.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an ADA-accredited dental hygiene program required.
• Previous experience in acommunity dental clinic preferred.
• Valid hygienist licensure from Washington State Department of Health
• Must be able to secure credentialing through identified agencies (Medicaid, etc.)
• Valid driver’slicense and insurance required.
• Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills required.
• Compassion for patients required. Must be ableto work well in team environment.
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment, with ability to anticipate future needs.
• Computer skills required. Knowledge in surgical and restorative dental assisting required.
• BLS (CPR/AED) required.
• Commitmentto supporting a safe, respectful, equitable, and inclusive environment required.