Cook- City Cruises- New York
Hornblower - City Experiences
New York, NY 10060, USA
Restaurant & Food Service
Salary Range - $17 - $22 depending on experience
City Experiences is seeking a Cook for our City Cruises operation in New York City.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The successful cook is technically competent in food preparation and production, contributes to general galley operations including receiving and storing provisions, is hospitable and cordial to coworkers and guests, and acts safely and responsibly.
This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
· Provide exceptional hospitality to coworkers and guests as prescribed in RESPECT Service System
· Prepare high-quality food following prescribed recipes and production specifications
· Receive and organize hot line food orders; portion, arrange, and garnish food for service
· Receive and store food and supplies using proper food-handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
· Assist in routine cleaning of galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
· Greet guests as they enter premise
· Describe dishes to customer
· Deliver food to expediting station
· Maintain buffet areas in accordance with food runner training manual
· Monitor and maintain buffet food and supplies throughout service
· Stock hot boxes on the deck with ample food for service according to par levels
· Complete Buffet Maintenance Checklist and present to manager for review
· Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
· Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
· Additional job duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
· At least one (1) year previous kitchen experience required
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
· Will be closely supervised; must be able to take direction
· Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers and guests
· Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
· Will work for extended periods without sitting
· The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
· Required to lift and move heavy items such as cases of provisions and large containers of prepared foods
· Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.