Clinical Assistant Professor in Nursing
Job Title: Clinical Assistant Professor in Nursing Job Summary
The School of Nursing at Purdue University West Lafayette Campus is seeking to fill six Assistant/Associate Clinical Track positions. The successful candidate will possess a passion for innovation and developing clinical nurse leaders who can transform healthcare. Applicants with a demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion are preferred. The candidate will be open to the use of technology, simulation, and creative pedagogies that contribute to the growth and development of baccalaureate and/or advance practice-nursing students. Teaching settings include classroom, clinical, and simulation. Clinical expertise in Medical-Surgical nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health nursing, adult gerontology primary care and/or family nurse practitioner preferred. Individuals in this role will contribute to the clinical teaching, engagement and service missions of the University, College of Health and Human Sciences, and School of Nursing.
• Master’s degree in nursing; and
• At least 5 years clinical experience
• National certification in area of expertise by start date
• Eligibility for RN licensure in Indiana
• Previous college-level teaching preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• DNP/PhD in Nursing, Social Science, or related field
• Significant progress toward completion of terminal degree (in Nursing, Social Science, or relevant field)
Purdue School of Nursing graduates impact health and influence health care delivery around the world. Our faculty lead research dedicated to advancing evidence-based care and providing transformative learning opportunities for students. By working alongside experts from multiple disciplines within the College of Health and Human Sciences and across Purdue, students and faculty benefit from a collaborative environment that further distinguishes Purdue’s School of Nursing.
Application Procedure: Any interested candidate should apply here: https://careers.purdue.edu/job-invite/25869/
Applicants must submit:
- A letter of interest describing why you are interested in both the Clinical Assistant/Associate Track position and Purdue.A full curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement
- A diversity and inclusion statement. Purdue University’s School of Nursing is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in a separate Diversity and Inclusion Statement indicating their past experiences, current interests, or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
- Arrange to have three letters of reference submitted to Shawn Flora (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Purdue University, the College of Health and Human Sciences and the School of Nursing are committed to free and open inquiry in all matters. Candidates are encouraged to address in their cover letter how they are prepared to contribute to a climate that values free inquiry and academic freedom.
A background check will be required for employment in the position.
Application review will begin May 28, 2023, and continue until the positions are filled. Questions regarding the position may be sent to Amanda Ward, Chair of the Search Committee (email@example.com).
This job posting represents six (6) vacancies.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.