Certified Welder - Aluminum & SS: 1st shift
How You Will Make an Impact
A Welder/ Weld Trainee provides welding support as part of a team working on either Standard and/or Special assembled service bodies as well as small parts.
The Nuts and Bolts
- Weld together structural (Aluminum and Galvanized Steel) metal components as specified by blueprints, work orders, or oral instructions in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt components parts to obtain required configuration and positions for welding.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Complete inline quality inspection of work and Maintain weld quality in accordance to established quality guidelines
- Complete welding station tasks in accordance to established tak time (if applicable).
- Cross train on multiple welding workstations and perform required tasks in multiple stations when needed to fill staffing gaps.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools including welding equipment.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to pass tape measure testing
- Ability to read blue print (if applicable to the line)
How We Make an Impact
At Reading Truck, we have more than 65 years of industry leadership in the manufacture, distribution, and enhancement of work truck bodies. We continue to experience rapid growth through our expanding network of more than 20 locations across North America. Take the next step in your career and come get paid to play with trucks!
Some of Our Total Rewards
We offer big company perks with small company culture:
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous Footwear, Eyewear, and Safety Equipment Discount Program
- Paid Training and Development Programs
J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For other career opportunities, please visit our careers page https://www.readingtruck.com/about/careers/
For assistance in Spanish please email firstname.lastname@example.org