Are you a high-energy, collaborative, experienced professional who has a passion for consulting, training, and educating on complex cases in the estate and tax planning space? Are you an experienced legal or tax professional seeking a non-traditional role in an engaging and collaborative environment?
As Advanced Sales Counsel, you will identify the needs of clients, consult with our sales teams and channel partners, and ultimately recommend compelling solutions. Specifically, this role supports our Individual Solutions sales teams with life and long-term care insurance, annuities, estate, business & financial planning opportunities. The goal of this position is to deepen relationships with our channel partners and enhance our ability to deliver powerful solutions to our target customers.
We are looking for a thought leader and experienced professional in one or more of the following Advanced Sales areas: estate planning, tax planning, charitable planning, long-term care planning, and executive compensation strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical expertise, training, and consultation on tax and legal issues affecting sales ideas and practices, marketing, and business development.
- Provides advanced sales case design expertise for our channel partners by identifying client needs, developing innovative strategies to meet their needs, and coordinating the delivery of appropriate sales solutions.
- Assists and participates in the development and presentation of advanced sales training for financial professionals, channel partners, independent broker-dealers, and other field personnel.
- Creates and delivers relevant and timely content/presentations at field and regional meetings.
- Works with home office associates, field leaders, and financial professionals to develop and distribute consumable sales and marketing materials, training and reference materials, case studies, articles, and other information and materials related to advanced sales concepts and planning strategies.
- Review and summarize client's existing estate, business, and tax planning documents to identify sales opportunities.
- Protect the company by reviewing sales strategies to make sure they fit within our risk appetite.
- FINRA Series 7, 24 and 66 (or ability to obtain within 12 months)
- Bachelor's degree required, J.D. or CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with advanced sales concepts and planning strategies such as: estate tax planning and minimization, charitable planning, premium financing, executive compensation, business succession planning, income tax planning
- Demonstrated ability and experience to communicate and consult on complex strategies and financial concepts in an easy-to-understand and creative manner for financial professionals, clients and their tax and legal partners
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills
- Maintains presence and stays current in the greater estate, business, tax, and financial planning community
- Strong partnership mindset with an aptitude for developing effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external associates
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to handle multiple assignments and requests simultaneously, including the ability to appropriately prioritize time-sensitive tasks
- Initiative, self-awareness, and orientation for results
- Strong understanding of placing individual life insurance, annuity, and/or linked benefit products that fit within an individual's financial goals
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to perform quickly and accurately under pressure
- Creative and flexible mindset and a willingness to change priorities when necessary
- Ability to handle cyclical work volumes with a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
- J.D., CPA, CFP®, CLU, and/or ChFC
- 3+ years previous experience in the financial services or legal industry that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Advanced Sales experience in one or more of these areas: estate, tax, and/or business owner planning strategies.
- Proficiency in educating and training financial professionals on products, procedures and software used in Advanced Sales plan design and financial planning
- Experience in working with financial professional or a sales distribution channel. Demonstrated ability to respond to complex issues in a sales environment
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
**Securian Financial Group's internal position title is Business Development Sr Consultant.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 3-6 hours per day
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-3 hours per day
- Ability to meet the physical demands of travel - approximately 20 - 30% of the time. This includes the ability to operate a motor vehicle as well as an ability to utilize air travel
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance or any other protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone 651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click here