Any salary estimation specified by this job board may or may not align with our organization’s pay philosophy. Apply to connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who can provide more details!
About American Ordnance
At American Ordnance, we know the stakes and We do what we say! ® We’re the team working behind the scenes to make sure our nation’s front lines have safe, high-quality ammunition. As a trusted premier manufacturer of ammunition to the U.S. Military, some of our capabilities range from production of direct and indirect fire, warheads, to special projects and beyond. With more than 70 years of experience and Day & Zimmermann behind us, it’s no surprise that our teams consistently exceed expectations! Come join in on our purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world! https://aollc.biz
We’re looking for an on-site full-time, staff Accountant to join our American Ordnance team located in Middletown, IA.
As an Accountant with American Ordnance, you'll apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Here’s the work you’ll do:
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers and registers such that they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting standards. Includes the preparation and posting of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, and account analysis.
- Performs in-depth, detailed analysis of established accounting procedures and processes to determine economy, effectiveness and possible recommendations for improvements within specific areas of incumbent’s specialty.
- Prepares balance sheets, trial balances, journal vouchers and other required accounting reports.
- Prepares subsidiary records for reimbursable work and related invoices covering these costs.
This role is for you if you have these skills:
- Proficient in reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Possess experience and proficiency with Earned Value Management & Systems (EVM/EVMS) accounting methodologies with project management (Preferred).
- Possess a strong background/have experience in construction project accounting .
- Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Adept in the presentation of complex information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Highly trained in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- High level of proficiency in Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, SAP, and other software programs.
And if you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years related experience
- Great attitude and team player
- Successful completion of background screening process
We care about our employees and it shows. Our staff receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/Rx, dental and vision coverage; life, AD&D and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 100% paid maternity leave for up to 12 weeks, parental leave, family leave, other paid time off; voluntary benefits and discount programs to meet our employees’ individual needs, including pet insurance for our furry family members!
To ensure a safe work environment while meeting the physical demands of the job, you must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery)
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
- Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching the arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than 10 pounds
- Repetitive motions of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Manual Dexterity (e.g. picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses fingers)
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g., perceiving an object’s size, shape, texture etc.)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally (e.g., accurately, quick and loudly convey spoken instructions to workers)
- Expertise in any specific software required? YES - Excel
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or worksite
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW!
- Talent Acquisition Partner: Stephan (Stef-an) Shinholt
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
American Ordnance, A Day & Zimmermann Company is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over a century of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. American Ordnance is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.