Become a part of our caring community and help us put health first
As a Home Health Physical Therapist, you will:
- Plan and administer prescribed skilled physical therapy treatment and training for patients suffering from various injuries, illnesses and functional disabilities to attain highest level of physical function.
- Test/screen the patient's physical strengths to assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function and records findings to develop or pursue treatment programs and establish measurable training objectives.
- Develop/implement a conditioning/rehabilitation program consistent with physician's Plan of Treatment and the overall goals of the patient/rehab team. Adjust treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
- Confer with physician and clinical team members to obtain additional patient information and assist in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment.
- Provide Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide staff with written instructions/care plan that reflects current plan of care as related to therapy, supervise/evaluate staffs' performance. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by physical therapy assistants and home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Accurately, promptly and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluations. Assure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician and physical therapist are promptly and accurately documented, submitted for physician signature and implemented
- Report patient's progress to the patient's physician, Clinical Manager, staff, patient and family. Submit evaluation, treatment plans, progress reports and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program (approved by the APTA)
- Minimum of one year physical therapy experience preferred
- Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy license
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
About CenterWell Home Health: CenterWell Home Health specializes in personalized, comprehensive in-home care for patients managing a chronic condition or recovering from injury, illness, surgery or hospitalization. Our care teams include nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, home health aides, and medical social workers - all working together to help patients rehabilitate, recover and regain their independence so they can live healthier and happier lives.
About CenterWell, a Humana company: CenterWell creates experiences that put patients at the center. As the nation's largest provider of senior-focused primary care, one of the largest providers of home health services, and fourth largest pharmacy benefit manager, CenterWell is focused on whole-person health by addressing the physical, emotional and social wellness of our patients. As part of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), CenterWell offers stability, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to grow yourself and your career. We proudly employ more than 30,000 clinicians who are committed to putting health first - for our teammates, patients, communities and company. By providing flexible scheduling options, clinical certifications, leadership development programs and career coaching, we allow employees to invest in their personal and professional well-being, all from day one.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.