Your adventure starts here...in Syracuse!
The Community - Syracuse, NY
Syracuse is your spot for four-season fun! The getaway to the Finger Lakes region and centrally located in the heart of New York State, you'll enjoy exploring their scenic outdoor parks, fantastic food scene, and their year-round festivals. Experience all of the activities, attractions, and events that Syracuse, NY has to offer. Step out into the scenic outdoors, embrace the urban vibrancy of Downtown Syracuse or explore one of their many unique neighborhoods. Find your next big adventure whether it's kayaking in the summer, hiking through autumn, or chasing frozen waterfalls. Let your inner foodie lead the way to restaurants offering everything from the best brunches to farm-to-table eats. Sip your way through craft breweries, wineries, and cideries. Immerse yourself in the rich history of the region or enjoy the expansive arts and culture scene. No matter the season, stay inspired on things to do in Syracuse!
Learn more about what you can do in Syracuse here.
Airport Information - The Syracuse Hancock International Airport is your best bet when looking at flying into Syracuse. It is Central New York's gateway to the world, with nonstop service to 28 cities. This airport supports the following airlines: Allegiant, American Airlines, Breeze, Delta, Frontier Airlines, jetBlue, Southwest, as well as United. Be sure to check out their website here.
About the facility - Syracuse VAMC
The Syracuse VAMC main campus provides primary care and specialty health services, including cancer care, cardiology, diabetes care, mental health care, pain management, palliative and hospice care and provides primary and behavioral health care to Veterans living in a 13-county area of central New York. This facility supports a 106-bed general medical and surgical facility and have been serving Veterans since 1953. Along with their medical center and community-based clinics, we also operate a 48-bed community care center that provides a community day program, mental health intensive care management program, homeless Veterans program, and vocational services. In 2013, they were able to open a new $90 million, 6-floor, 30-bed Regional Spinal Cord Disorder Center, which houses a therapeutic pool, expanded outpatient surgical services, a dialysis and infusion program, and 7 operating rooms.
Facility Address: 800 Irving Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210
Certified RN Anesthetist RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to):
- Manage patient anesthesia experience perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post-operative evaluations as privileged by the credentials committee.
- Advise appropriate anesthesiologists of adverse reactions necessitating non-delegated medical decisions; take appropriate actions as directed or required.
- Assist with the training of other staff personnel to include in venipuncture and intravenous therapy, respiratory care, and anesthesia.
- Indicate responsibility for the contents and accuracy of all prepared repots/forms by affixing his/her own signature to the documents after validation.
- Attend and participate in professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
- Assist in department quality improvement staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
- Assist in department quality improvement activities assigned by the department chief may include, but not limited to:
- Occurrence screening checklist
- Patient care chart audits
- Special studies on quality of care within the Anesthesia Service
- Non-clinical duties will include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining cleanliness of anesthesia work areas and equipment.
- Rotation of stock and removal of supplies nearing expiration.
- Reviewing and updating of departmental operating instructions.
- Hospital committee representation.
- Orientation of personnel.
- Must hold a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited school.
- Must be certified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Must be at least two years of experience in anesthesia post-graduation.
- Must have at least twelve months within the last twenty-four months providing epidural analgesia (labor epidurals).
- Must have experience in the delivery of and monitoring of all types of anesthesia utilized in the delivery of obstetrical anesthesia (general endotracheal, subarachnoid block and epidural).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacological agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted, and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have Basic Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications as approved by the American Heart Association.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.