Traveling Oral Surgery Dental Assistant
Now is the time to join Stone Oak Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The primary role of the Dental Assistant is to support the success of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient Experience (PPE), thus creating a Patient for Life (PFL). Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Dental assistants prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Dental assistants must work effectively with co-workers including Specialty dental assistants, patients, and the front office by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner. A successful dental assistant will execute active listening to objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others, keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, and address problems constructively to identify practical business solutions.
Specialty Dental Assistants If dental assistant is assigned within specialty areas including: Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Orthodontics, Periodontics or Pediatric, they will primarily be supporting clinicians within that specialty and may be required to have additional training.
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Actively participate in the PPE by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual needs and concerns.
- Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to other team members as appropriate.
- Communicate with the front and back office teams to ensure the Orthodontists schedule runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control guidelines.
- Prepare patients for treatment and assist the dentist- thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- At the direction of the clinician, complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed to provide efficient patient care.
- Keep the patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care as directed by the clinician.
- Record patient charting and all the clinician's notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the clinician.
- Support patient care by presenting treatment record, consents and health history to clinician prior to patient treatment.
- Ensure equipment is maintained according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Work closely with Lead Dental Assistant to ensure adequate clinical supplies are on hand.
- Utilize technology by learning how to operate and give explanation/demonstration of how to operate to others.
- Participate in daily morning huddles, monthly team meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Models company culture, values, standards and best operational practices based on the "We Believes."
- Demonstrates stewardship of the PDS Brand making decisions consistent with the PDS Brand framework.
- Implements the Perfect Patient Experience process in efforts to gain Patients for Life.
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with company policies; addresses others professionally and respectfully.
- Ensures Compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration.
- Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state.
- Specialty Dental Assistants must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and automobile insurance. Driver's license must be verified by completing a background check and motor vehicle record check at the time of hire.
- Specialty Dental Assistants are required to timely travel to multiple offices per day, in some cases several times per day, and must have reliable means of transportation to travel to assigned offices.
- In lieu of a valid driver's license and automobile insurance, Specialty Dental Assistant must have reliable means of alternate transportation which would allow for required, timely travel to multiple offices per day, in some cases several times per day.
- Travel may be planned or unplanned and is subject to change without notice.
- One-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from patients, staff, vendors, or other members of the business community.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, apply sound judgment in making decisions, and to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to interact with other Clinicians and Owner Doctors effectively
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information, both verbally and in writing, to patients and co-workers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to maneuver through basic computer software.
- Results Oriented (Energetic self-starter; sets realistic goals; meets commitments; persistent, prioritizes daily to achieve results).
- Customer Service Advocate (flexible and adaptive; empathetic; passionate; ethical).
- Influencer (active listener/observer of behavior; creates a win/win need for change)
- Self-motivated, reliable individual capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task effectively without compromising the quality of the work.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain extreme confidentially Patient records.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.
$18.75-$26.25 / Hourly