Hours per pay period: 8am to 4:30pm
Position Summary: Provides clinical education and evaluation for patient care staff through orientation, education and annual competency assessment in alignment with regulatory requirements, company strategic initiatives, best practices and employee needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides educational leadership to care providers to enhance patient care within established clinical protocols.
- Assists caregivers with educational needs and problem resolution.
- Initiates clinical skills development programs within the parameters of established clinical and preceptor models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Acts as a resource or consultant to individuals, groups and departments institution-wide and seeks consultation with outside experts to achieve patient goals.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited educational institution.
- State licensure as a registered nurse.
- Two years of clinical nursing experience
- BLS certification.
- Master's degree in nursing.
- One year of teaching experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans